Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia PC Suite 7.1.30.9, N97, contacts, double nam...

Nokia PC Suite 7.1.30.9, N97, contacts, double names

Hi all,

I just got N97 and transferred my contacts to it with Nokia PC suite.

I had vcf files and import was smooth.

However I noticed that when I browse contacts on N97 the contacts are displayed with duplicate first name.

Say a contact is "John Doe". In Nokia PC Suite I see

John Doe, however in N97 it's displayed as John John Doe.

By editing the contact on N97 I can see that "John" is the First name, and

"John Doe" Last name and if I fix it it works, but modifying a single letter

via Nokia PC suite results the same "John John Doe" on N97.

Anybody knows how to fix this?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Nokia PC Suite 7.1.30.9, N97, contacts, double names

I'm having the same problem!

Any ideas?! 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
cricfancy

Hi,

It seems to be an issue with N97 only i guess :smileysad: This issue is not occuring with phones, if its device issue, i guess users has to wait till next firmware release ... Keep your fingers crossed

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi all,

I'm having exactly the same problem with my N97 (somewhat complicated by the fact that I'm synced to my exchange email and gmail accounts as well...

However if you don't have a permanent sync set up you could use active sync to sync your contacts to outlook, edit your contacts there and then they'll get synced back to your phone. I used to do this in the past and it worked well. This would give you a way to edit your contacts on your PC.

Hope it helps (and that they fix this soon!!)

Stephen 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
cricfancy

HI,

Does anyone checked in latest firmware?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Yup, I'm using the latest firmware - 11.0.21 or something like that. I'm also using the latest PC Suite (7.1.30.9). I still have the same problem... I can't believe there is no solution to this :-(
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
cricfancy

Hi,

If i am not wrong for few SIM free operators Nokia N97 has got 12.xx firmware recently... I am not sure it will be available for Operator/Network phones, thats why i asked have you checked in latest firmware

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Mine is essentiallya SIM free phone, I bought it on Orange from Phone4U early enough that they're weren't locked or branded. I just ran the firmware updater and it came back saying I had the latest 11.xx version. If you can point me to a 12.xx release I'll try it :-)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Actually I just checked the Nokia site and they say "Latest release for Nokia N97 is 11.0.021" :-( Was getting excited about a new version...

I did find some links on a google search talking about a 12.xx version though. Strange! 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
cricfancy

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

OK, so I looked into some more and you're right - version 12 is out, but apparently not for me! I believe I have a standard UK unbranded phone (my product code is 0585162). So I guess I'll have to wait until they decide to release it to me too... Maybe someone else can check if the new firmware has this problem?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I'm having the same problem!! Any fixes yet???? (I'm with os ver 11 I can't update to 12)

I tried ovi suite. I was stunned when I saw the contacts or calendar was missing from the installed software. **bleep**?!?!? I went online signed in to my ovi account and tried to do it from there, contacts, sync, but the sync never worked.... I never got the sms with the settings. I tried the manual way, sync failed, so f. you very much.

Who the hell is in charge @ nokia!?!? Plz, I just want to do a simple task with my 600 euro device, and I CAN'T. I want to upload my contacts to my phone.

Is it to much to ask?!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

To be honest the Ovi Suite looked pretty rubbish to me (it seems to be able pics and vids etc), so I've still just been using PC Suite. You should be able to transfer your contacts and things with that. Not sure if you've tried that yet? Where do you have your contacts stored at the moment?

Sorry if that's not much help... 

I'm not really sure what Nokia plans with PC Suite and Ovi Suite. It'd be good to get these problems resolved though! 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have my contacts in a txt file on my pc. I uninstalled ovi and pc suite and found OVI Suite 2.0 beta, tried it a min ago, the contacts thing works. No more duplicate first names.

Hope I helped.

Please use plain text.