Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia PC Suite - Where are the Backup Files

Contributor
tinderboxuk
Accepted Solution

Nokia PC Suite - Where are the Backup Files

Hi.

Where are the backup files store and what is the extension , I have tried to find them.

I want to store them on my D: drive for safety

Thanks.

Nokia 5800
FW 21.0.025
Advisor
howiepearson

Re: Nokia PC Suite - Where are the Backup Files

No idea. Still trying to find them myself 
Counsellor

If you are talking about the backup files created by Nokia Content Copier, the extension is .nbu and the program tells you the location when backing up or restoring data from the phone.
v05.15 | 30-Apr-2009 | RM-328 | © Nokia 6220c-1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hate kudobeggars!
Professor
xenogriff

by default on windows xp, the back up file should be stored in C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Nokia\ContentCopier

cant tell u where it is on windows vista since i dont have it to check

bear in mind that the application data folder is hidden so u will need to unhide hidden folder first before being able to find it

if my post helped u out, please click the Star next to it to add some KUDOS to my name :smileyvery-happy:
Mobile Guru
cricfancy

Hi tinderboxuk,

If you had taken any backup for a phone, connect the phone using NOkia PC Suite, Use Content Copier, Select Restore option, the phone will start displaying the backup it had taken for that phone, otherwise you can scan for those files using Restore option itself :smileywink: Dont you find this very easy and simple

Contributor
tinderboxuk

[ Edited ]

I can find the backup files using pc suite without any problems, but as i said i want to copy them to my d: drive.

I have unhidden the entire c: drive and searched for  .nbu .ncc .nfb .nfc .ngr all nokia backup extensions without result.

I am using Vista and have checked in every directory for my user name.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT : I managed to find the backup files, they were in the directory i had created on my d: drive for my nokia games and software with the extension .nbu , how they got there i dont know?

Message Edited by tinderboxuk on 05-Jun-2009 11:22 AM
Nokia 5800
FW 21.0.025
Registered Member
theafzalkhan

i dont know whats wrong with nokia, and why to save backup file to desired location is removed from latest pc suite,  and even dont know how to delete it, such a great mess up this time.

Registered Member
HifzurRaheman

It's found in this default link
C:\Users\home\AppData\Roaming\Nokia\ContentCopier
Note that AppData is hidden folder. So first select show hidden files and folders in folder options.