Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia PC Suite and XP Service Pack 3

Advisor
Accepted Solution

Nokia PC Suite and XP Service Pack 3

Hello,

Does anyone know when PC Suite compatible with XP SP3 will be released please?

Stephen.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Nokia PC Suite and XP Service Pack 3

What?

PC Suite is working just fine here on my two "XP SP3 computers"
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Well it doesn't work here (while previous version used to) though I'm not sure the problem is due to SP3...
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hello,

I have managed to install on a machine with SP2, but my machine on SP3 does not work, despite trying all the tricks (the connectivity issue problem).

As the other responder indicates, it may be unrelated to SP3, but I have no way of telling.

Regards.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
asem305

the best way to start is to remove the old version from the machine before installing the new one, i also recommend removing nokia connectivity solutions.
use nokia pc suite cleaner to clean all traces of the old version : http://download.chip.eu/en/Nokia-PC-Suite-Cleaner-3.6_977782.html

then install the latest version.
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge
Please use plain text.
Advisor

PC Suite Cleaner doesn't clean version 7.x ...
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hello,
I've still not managed to install this and tried several times. As previous post, the cleaner does not work on this version.

Have cleared out all on the computer, and registry and still not had success, so there is some clutter somewhere I guess which is screwing things up.

Tried the WDF file, clearing out hidden files in Local Settings etc, seperatel installing usb driver.

Keeping a look out for a solution.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Same here.
I've uninstalled everything many times, even re-installed versions that used to work to no avail. Installed the drivers separately, cleaned inf files, remove the wdf01000 driver, and so on.

I think I've tried everything I've read on this forum or things that I could think of....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Same problem here...
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Can I confirm with the other users who have experienced similar problems that their Windows Installer is corrupted?

I am pretty sure that the PC Connectivity Solution is the application which causes the problem, and when the installation has completed, after a reboot, it is not possible to install another application or repair or remove PC Suite because the Windows Installer reports that that Windows must be in safe mode or there is another problem.

I am only able to go back to a fully working system by performing a restore (and then clearing out all the relevant directories).

Like others, I have tried all sorts of things to try and get this to install, including purging the registry.

Anyone found a solution please?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hello,

I have managed to finally install PC Suite, but have done several things, one of which has resulted in success. The one I believe solved the problem was this one, but if others report it does not work for them, I will post the other things tried.

In the registry, HKey Classes Root only contained permissions for Everyone, I have added SYSTEM to it. This was in response to a windows installer helpfile with MS:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315353.

Please note the usual warnings that messing with the registry can stop your PC booting. Follow the MS advice carefully.

Good Luck.

Note: I have installed the latest Beta, but at first this gave the same symptoms as before, so was not, in itself, the solution.
Please use plain text.

Hello all. Like probably many of you, I have down loaded Service Pack 3 after having my laptop rebuilt in the past dew days. I was amazed by the ridiculous problems in re-installing software again including PC Suite 7.0.

After much searching on the net but NOT fiddling with the registery and that technical stuff, I found the easiest way to do this was to use the download link in the Nokia CA site. It worked perfectly and once again, my Nokia E51 syncs no problem at all. Hope this helps chaps. Peter.

http://www.nokia.ca/A4980066
Please use plain text.