Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia PC Suite compatibility with XP

Nokia PC Suite compatibility with XP

[ Edited ]
This is the error message I got when I was downloading the PC Suite installation disk for my Nokia 6682: "The software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP"

"Continuing your installation of this software may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system either immediately or in the future. Microsoft strongly recommends that you stop this installation now and contact the software vendor for software that has passed Windows Logo testing"

I have a Pentium 4 windows XP - Service Pack 2 - PC Suite is version 6.5 and CABLE is the connection method.

Message Edited by perdible on 09-Sep-2006
06:58 AM

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mistermobile

Re: Nokia PC Suite compatibility with XP

Uninstall current Nokia PC Suite from your PC, including Nokia Connectivity Cable Drivers. Then download latest Nokia PC Suite 6.81.13 from Nokia's website and install it.
Please use plain text.
Sage
mac_freak

Re: Nokia PC Suite compatibility with XP

Hello.

Just continue with that error by choosing "Continue". It does not affect in anyway something in your computer; it just verifies that the drivers included in the installation has passed Windows Logo testing. I have experienced this error message once in a while when installing drivers in PC Suite and from what I remember from the reading a manual of a Nokia cable (DKU-5 or DKU-2), it recommends to ignore the error message and continue with the installation.

Cheers.
The world might be a better place if you were I.
Please use plain text.