Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia Pc Suite will not connect to my phone?? What...

Advisor

Nokia Pc Suite will not connect to my phone?? What should i do??

Hi.
I have a Nokia 6111 and i recived a Nokia Pc Suite software with it to transfer data between my phone and laptop. I purchased a bluetooth USB dongle (Bluesoleil) and firstly downloaded this onto my laptop and then downloaded the Nokia Pc Suite. The dongle sofware detects my phone but the Nokia Pc Suite does not. What should i do to solve this problem as i cannot send anything to my phone as the Nokia software wont let me?? ( I have tried to re-install it but it doesn't make a difference it still ont work)
Kimbo
Mobile Guru
manta

Re: Nokia Pc Suite will not connect to my phone?? What should i do??

Have you used the Get Connected wizard in Pc Suite ? What is your system in PC ?
Advisor

Yeah iv used the wizard to try and connect it but it doesnt detect it at all, even if i press search again. My laptop is XP.
Mobile Guru
manta

Please tell the exact details of your system if you read the forum a litte, you see that main problem is XP SP 2 Microsoft Bluetooth and Bluesoleil not working together well,

Select phone icon in windows tray, about PC Suite, then system info, what does it say ?
Advisor

The information i says is:
Operating system:
Microsoft Windows XP
Build 2600
Service Pack 2

Bluetooth Stack:
Microsoft Bluetooth Stack
Version 5.1.2600.2180
Mobile Guru
manta

You are right, so far PC Suite has no idea that BlueSoleil exists in your PC, it is only aware that there is Microsoft Bluetooth (but that most likely does not work with your dongle, the hardware).

Make sure you have at least 1.6.x versio of BlueSoleil, earlier version are not compatible with Pc Suite.

Then you can try to manually uninstall PC Suite, boot PC and reinstall PC Suite, that may help PC Suite to discover that BlueSoleil is present.
If it does not help, try:

http://www.bluesoleil.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13&PN=1#
They have a forum at it seems there are users who experience same, so maybe you find answer there.

Try also google: "Windows Xp SP2 Bluesoleil problem" you get links

You will get it working I am sure, but the main problem is the conflict between Microsoft Bluetooth and the Bluesoleil.
Advisor

The product Version is :BlueSoleil 1.6.0 Build 041221.
Is that compatible with Nokia Pc Suite??
Mobile Guru
manta

Yes it is. Now it is about the XP SP2 interference.

For example this thread explain what other users have done to make it work.
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42191
Mobile Guru

12-Apr-2006
05:03 PM
manta wrote:
Yes it is. Now it is about the XP SP2 interference.

For example this thread explain what other users have done to make it work.
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42191

i dont want to contradict you on this manta as you seem to have a better knowledge on this to me, but shouldnt kimbo be using version 1.6.1 05222 of the ivt driver at least to work with pc suite?
Advisor

Manta, Ive had a look on the websites that you have advised and Im still struggling to find how to sort it out. People seem to have the same or similiar problems but there don't seem to be any proper solution to the problem. I have asked others and no one seems to really know. So far your my only hope.
Mobile Guru
manta

Thanks to Seraphim, I should read more carefully, the BlueSoleil IVT version should be more up to date, so Kimbo can you try to find out if you can have your BlueSoleil driver updated ?

(To be honest, if you like to use Bluetooh, I would buy a dongle that is compatible with Microsoft Bluetooth, it would be easier)

This is difficult, because I don't use BlueSoleil myself. It seems that there is even a version of 2.x in here:
http://www.bluesoleil.com/download/index.asp?topic=bluesoleil_edr

It seems that there are many links were users suggest where to get 1.6.1 version, but they don't work, so maybe the 2.x version is an update (and hopefully thus even better than 1.6)

So Kimbo, can you try and update to that version ?

(uninstall PC Suite first), update your Bluetooth to 2.x and then reinstall PC Suite (version 6.7)

Then I found this text in Forum Nokia discussion board:
(http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69685)
I have been trying for the last few days to get my son's 6230i to connect to the PC. I too have a Bluesoleil bluetooth adaptor which recognises the phone but the NOKIA PC suite didn't. After reading around the web I have found the problem and then the solution - it all has to do with the bluetooth stack included with Windows XP SP2 which is not overwritten when you install the Bluesoleil drivers. You have to rename the original file and then it will get overwritten. To do this:

1. Click Start, click Run, type %windir%\inf in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. Right-click Bth.inf, and then click Rename.
3. Rename Bth.inf to Bth.bak, and then press ENTER.
4. Install the Bluesoleil driver.

I downloaded the up-to-date driver from Bluesoleil's website (not sure if I had to, but I did). This is the "BlueSoleil_1.6.1.4_release_050606.zip" on the support/downloads section of the website. When I ran and installed it, I noticed that for the first time the Nokia suite had an animated graphic showing radio waves and then it found my phone!!

Transfering files to the applications/collection folder is now possible
Advisor

Hi manta. Just downloading the bluesoleil updated version. The man whos advice you've given me says about rename something. The Bth.inf which he says to change is not on my laptop. Do you think it could be called something else. Really appreciate your help.
Mobile Guru
manta

Hi, let's try to work this out together (and hey, anyone reading this BlueSoleil thing who actually has it working with Nokia PC Suite in Windows Xp SP2 can step in).

After you have installed the update, do you have the BlueSoleil visible in PC Suite "about" and system info ?
Advisor

Manta, Iv done it!!!!!!!
I found Bth.inf and changed it like advised. Unistalled my bluesoleil and Nokia Pc Suite. Then i installed the one you advised (Bluesoliel) and re-installed my Nokia Pc Suite and it worked!!!! Now when i click on Manage connections it has another option which it dint before (Bluetooth Microsoft). So in the manage connections i have Bluetooth IVT Bluesoleil and Bluetooth Microsoft highlighted and both softwares pick up my phone. Thankyou so much Manta and i hope if people read this and have the same problem it will help solve theirs as it has done mine.
Thankyou!!!!!!!! x x x
Mobile Guru
manta

:smileyhappy: Great !
Manta
Registered Member

12-Apr-2006
02:10 PM
kimbo wrote:
Hi.
I have a Nokia 6111 and i recived a Nokia Pc Suite software with it to transfer data between my phone and laptop. I purchased a bluetooth USB dongle (Bluesoleil) and firstly downloaded this onto my laptop and then downloaded the Nokia Pc Suite. The dongle sofware detects my phone but the Nokia Pc Suite does not. What should i do to solve this problem as i cannot send anything to my phone as the Nokia software wont let me?? ( I have tried to re-install it but it doesn't make a difference it still ont work)
Kimbo

HI, I SEEM TO BE HAVING A SIMILAR PROBLEM, I WANT TO CONECT MY 6280 VIA A USB LEAD, IT CONNECTS THE PHONE TO THE PC, BUT THE FILES ON MY PHONE WONT SHOW UP ON THE PC AND I CANT TRANSFER ANY MUSIC, FILES ONTO THE PHONE, CAN YOU HELP
Mobile Guru
manta

Please explain in detail what is your problem.
It is better if you create a new post and describe your problem, this was about Bluetooth, not cable
Contributor

I got the same problem, here is the solution. Remove the bluesol bluetooth software.
Remove pcsuit.
reboot
plug in bluesol blue tooth device. DONT INSTALL BLUESOL SOFTWARE
windows xp with automatically detect the bluetooth using its own software.It will take 1 to 2 minutes.
Now install latest version of blue tooth
detect your phone in manage connections.

IT WORKED FOR ME
regards
asim
Mobile Guru

you shouldnt confuse people here with posts like this.

kimbos issue was to do with the ivt drivers, if you want to tell people that you did it another way you should create a new post...

the important thing to note here is that you need to have ivt driver version 1.6.1 release 05222 or above to work with pc suite...
steve7680768

[ Edited ]

Earlier in the day ther was a system down problem due to this many of peoples do not able to get access to there GPS and maps... But now it has been set up the service provider.... Check it now....

STEVE