Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Software Updater Issues

Advisor
Accepted Solution

Nokia Software Updater Issues

Hi,

Nokia have finally updated 5800 FW but i am unable to download it because the NSU isn't working correctly. Everytime I open the program I get the message;

"Nokia Software Updater has attempted to connect to the internet but has failed three times. This could be because of a poor-quality, slow or intermittent internet connection, or restrictions due to a firewall.

If requested by your firewall, Nokia Software Updater needs the following applications to gain access to the internet:

nsl_host_process.exe

nsu_u_clienti.exe"  The program will then close down.

I have a good, steady internet connection (10mb) and all firewalls are off. I have done some searches on this issue but I was wondering if a solution was found for the problem?

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

There could be a couple of reasons. Antivirus and firewall apps could be a reason. You can have a 10Mbit connection but if there is a lot of traffic, your connection can drop to zero. Maybe the Nokia server is overloaded. Don't give up, try later when it's calmer. Don't forget that a lot of people are trying to get this 5800 update today.
‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks for the reply. I disabled anti-virus/spyware so it's definitely not that. Plus, I was checking the NSU at around 3am (Uk time). Are there any other possibilities?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Nevermind, I found the solution on this site. 

Anybody else experiencing the same problem, the problem could lie with your default Internet browser. Mine is Microsofts Internet Explorer. It was currently working in the offline mode. After switching that mode off, the NSU works correctly. I hope that helps anybody else who has problems. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
how did you find the solution......I have the same problem PLZ help .........plz email.... 
Message Edited by azial_11 on 30-Jan-2010 06:34 PM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
albal21

[ Edited ]

I have found the solution. I will be throwing out my N97 and buying HTC from now on - until they get too big - 30+Mb for a software updater is a joke.

Please use plain text.
vivekbatra

Hi Friends

Though I am able to update my 5800 XM software to version 60.0.003. I see that my browser has been update. But i dint find "swipe to unclock". Can any one help me if i need to activate some application or some other setting or something, FYI my phone theme in use is "Nokia Evolve".

Kind Regards

Vivek

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Refer this ... BTW, Not sure if the Theme you are using has any effect on this..

Please use plain text.
vivekbatra

thanks buddy.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jacob68

Hi,

The downloaded NokiaSoftwareUpdaterSetup_NP.exe file does not install the Software Updater-application on my XP-computer, though it does on a Windows 7-computer, as x86-type software (?!?).

Has anyone else also encountered this problem? And found a solution?

jacob68

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

jacob68, have you considered the Nokia Suite? It comes with the Nokia Software Update in one (big) package. Nevertheless, the old updater works here, too. Which error message do you get?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

jacob68 wrote:

The downloaded NokiaSoftwareUpdaterSetup_NP.exe file does not install the Software Updater-application on my XP-computer, 

Are you using http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/...erSetup_EN.exe as run this upon Windows Xp SP3?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jacob68

scoobyman wrote:

jacob68 wrote:

The downloaded NokiaSoftwareUpdaterSetup_NP.exe file does not install the Software Updater-application on my XP-computer, 

Are you using http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/...erSetup_EN.exe as run this upon Windows Xp SP3?

scoobyman, no the file I downloaded ends with ...Setup_NP.exe. I have run it on Windows Xp SP3, though. I will try the file you suggest...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jacob68

Abi99 wrote:

jacob68, have you considered the Nokia Suite? It comes with the Nokia Software Update in one (big) package. Nevertheless, the old updater works here, too. Which error message do you get?

, yes I have considered using Nokia Suite, but some description said it is best used with newer types of mobile phones. And since I have got a very old one (3110 classic), I stuck to the old PC Suite.

I do not get any error message, The Install-screen just keeps showing: "Preparing".

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jacob68

scoobyman wrote:

jacob68 wrote:

By the way: http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/global/phones/software/NokiaSoftwareUpdaterSetup_NP.exe is what my PC Suite (version 7.1.180.94) came up with...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jacob68

scoobyman wrote:

jacob68 wrote:

scoobyman, the file you suggest results in the same problem: The Installion in progress-screen just keeps showing: "Preparing".

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

jacob68 wrote:
I have considered using Nokia Suite, but some description said it is best used with newer types of mobile phones. And since I have got a very old one (3110 classic), I stuck to the old PC Suite.

Did you try? It does not harm to use both along each other, PC Suite and Nokia Suite.

Please use plain text.