Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Suite vs. Nokia Software Updater

Mobile Overlord
farby
Accepted Solution

Nokia Suite vs. Nokia Software Updater

Why does re-installing the Firmware takes less time thru’ Nokia software Updater than thru’ Nokia Suite?  Is it just me or others have experienced it too ?

Re-installed the Firmware on my Nokia 5800xm a few days ago thru’ Nokia suite which took some 18-20 minutes. But with that the function of the Screen lock key went mad. It was taking 5-6 attempts to unlock the screen. Hence re-installed the Firmware again, this time thru’ NSU which took just about 4-5 minutes. This sorted the Screen lock Key problem.

After some 20 days, today just for experiment, re-installed firmware thru’ Nokia Suite which again took 18-20 minutes and the Screen lock key problem started. Re-installing thru’ NSU took 4-5 minutes and problem got resolved.

..and also can’t understand the varied results both provided.

Note : For every instance the latest available versions of Nokia Suite and NSU were used.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Re: Nokia Suite vs. Nokia Software Updater

good question, i noticed the same behaviour too last week. I find Nokia software updater quite pretty in appearance, and fast and no hassles and effective.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Nokia Suite vs. Nokia Software Updater

Well I certainly wouldn't try updating using Nokia Suite upon my netbook running Xp as it hogs too many resources whilst NSU not a problem.

Is standalone NSU storing the update locally so re-installation doesn't require software to be downloaded, which would account for difference?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.