Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia c2-01 isync mac

Contributor
alvarosantos

Nokia c2-01 isync mac

I bought one Nokia c2-01, but i can't syncronise it with my mac... my softwear is uptdated.

I try to download one plugin but only find for Nokia c5 or higher.

anyone know how to solve the problem?

thanks

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@alvarosantos

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately Mac compatibility probably doesn't figure very high in Nokia's priorities at the moment, but you might like to look at this link:http://zealouspost.com/tutorial-how-to-create-an-isync-plugin

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Registered Member
moorepit

I think it's unacceptable that Nokia released a phone and it's impossible to transfer your data from or to it!  I have both Mac and Windows and I've been unsuccessful in putting the data from my E51 to the newer C2-01.  Even a simple phone to phone transfer stops after 2000 numbers! Who is the genius at Nokia that put THAT limit in there?  I love the Nokia one handed texting and simple software but for years they have neglected the Mac community despite the enormous growth in users.  I'm afraid Nokia won't be around much longer if they keep this up. I've had no less that 10 Nokia phones and they're about to lose another loyal customer because of the lack of sync and backup options.  Anyone that's lost a phone or have it broken without a backup knows what I'm talking about.

Contributor
alvarosantos

In fact it is unacceptable!!!!!!!
Contributor
alvarosantos

Thanks!!!!! i'll see what i'll do!!!
Registered Member
ulmo

I agree. I just bought one of these phones and expected it to work straight off with isync on my mac. It didn't. Major boo.

All I wanted to do was sync my address book contacts with it but even this was too hard. I even tried exporting all address book contacts into a single vcard then uploading that to my phone over bluetooth. However the phone only recognised the first contact in the list !!

I think I have found a way round though.

Do a google search on "apple address book export multiple vcards". Really good post that shows how to export contacts as individual vcards. You can then use the bluetooth menu to send all the vcf files to your phone....I hope (about to try myself).

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Add me to the list of angry people.

Not only does iSnync not work with C2-01, but even Nokia's own "Nokia Multimedia Transfer" software, which I have used fine on my Mac with my previous cheap Nokia phone, does not support this mode!. 

I tried using Plugin Maker but it wants to run 900 tests, each one takes a few seconds, it looks like it will take 12 hours or more to perform the whole batch, and already I see some odd failures which I have no idea how serious they are or how to remedy. The zealouspost guy is very nice to provide that template, and while the tinkerer in me was intrigued enough to get pretty far, I don't want to brick my phone by not doing it right.

I guess I could buy Nokia's mini USB cable thingie, assuming plugin maker goes a ton faster that way.

Nokia, could you please make it clear when listing features of a phone if it is not going to work with Macs?   I spent a long long time selecting this phone and now I have to send it back. I had no idea that if my 2-3 year old 3120 classic worked with Macs, as it did, that there could be such a thing as a brand new model of about the same price range that doesn't!

I don't care about iSync so much, but your own Multimeda Transfer Tool?

Why don't you just make a mere hundred phones and support them well instead of a thousand phones which don't get the attention and support we deserve??  </sarcasm>

Good thing Amazon has an easy return policy.

Too bad, the phone itself seems decent and a very good price.

Contributor

But if some kindly Nokia engineer could tell me that support for this phone is coming soon in the Multimedia Transfer Tool I'd just keep the phone and wait.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Hi,

As you have found out about Multimedia transfer tool, Nokia C2-01 is not supported by this tool.

Here is the link for Multimedia tool:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/nokia-multimedia-transfer

Please follow this link in the future.

There is also isync availability link below:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/isync

I will forward your comments to the related units for evaluating the needs for S40 phones..

Lets hope the best.

Br

Mahayv

Registered Member
lifeasart

I'm another surprised and disappointed C2 customer. It looks like a great phone, but now it just collects dust because I can't add my contacts.

Thanks to the lovely asperperguy who supplied the plug-in template, and to rwelti for giving it a shot and stopping me from getting more frustrated with this basic problem.

Mahayv - can we expect to use our phones soon or should we take them back?

Ex-Administrator (Retired)
michaels

iSync is produced by Apple, and therefore Nokia cannot control device compatibility. Nokia does, where possible, provide plugins to aid compatibility with some devices, though regrettably this is not currently possible with the C2-01 device.

If you seek to sync data from another Nokia device, the following options may be available:

• Direct transfer from device to device between some models.
  • Backup via a Windows PC.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Registered Member
c2_01

Is there any good news about the creation of a isync-plugin for the C2-01?

I'd like to buy this mobile phone, but I won't do that unless a plugin for Mac were created.
Contributor

There's a plugin for the C2-01 available here: http://apropostech.com/2011/nokia-c2-01-isync-plugin/

works well for me.

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

[ Edited ]

As stated previously by the other Nokia admin's, Nokia is not responsible for iSync as it is managed by Apple themselves, and is now incompatible with the new OSX Lion.

However you can work around it by creating a bootcamp partition on a hard drive or running a virtual box to run windows operating system. Once operating Windows you can sync your phone using PC suite.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Counsellor
alex_taylor

Nokia C2-01 can be synced with Mac with SyncMate. In fact, SyncMate syncs any Nokia S40 running phones with mac computers (contacts, calendars, sms management). Hope this helps:smileyhappy:

Registered Member
HHH0000

You can find the solution for Mac and Windows at www.LaurentFischer.com

Registered Member
HHH0000

To find the solution go to www.LaurentFischer.com ENTRY 01.

Registered Member
hwacker

[ Edited ]

I would like to confirm alex_taylor's statement.
I'm running SyncMate (version 4 on Mac OS X 10.6.8)
it syncs with Nokia Phones C2-02, C2-03 and C2-05