Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia pc suite & windows 7

Registered Member

Nokia pc suite & windows 7

i am unable to find the problem and solution regarding connecting to internet via nokia pc suite using n70 usb modem plz friends help me. [b]at the very beginning after installing windows 7 ultimate i firstly installed nokia pc suite(n70) then conneted to the internet in public mode using n70 usb modem for system update. That time it got connected and worked fine but after then whenever i use to connect it just hang on showing opening port and can't connect the device. Now i have formatted and reinstalled the same OS but again the same problem pop-ups, and when i use to connect from N70 USB MODEM(OTA) from network adapter panel its shows could not start the remote access connection manager. Now i went to the serivce console and tried to start the racm and it indicates an error that the denpendencies service group fails to start, depend on service is secure socket tunneling protocol which shows that it start only when it is used by any specific program.[/b] now where to go plz plz plz help me
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
cricfancy

Re: Nokia pc suite & windows 7

Hi,

As per http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/download-software/nokia-pc-suites/compatibility-and...#,

Nokia PC Suite has compatibility with

Supported operating systems:

- Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit editions

- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (Service Pack 2)

- Windows XP (Professional or Home Edition) Service Pack 2 or later

May be once Windows 7 is LIVE, it will also get supported officially by Nokia PC Suite....

I know you can access other applications in Windows 7 but still, its not officially supported :smileywink:

Experts can shed their lights on this issue ....

Please use plain text.
Sage
Suyogmh

Hi,

I am using PC suite with Windows 7 Ultimate edition since 1 week and found no issues at all.

Also I tried OVI suite beta and no issues there as well.

So even though Win7 is not official supported it works !!! I guess Nokia will soon declare that.

Suyog

Best Regards,
Suyog
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi, 

I'm also using Win 7 ultimate and I am unable to synchronize a E71. Nokia PC Suite recognize the phone, is able to pair it with the computer, but unfortunately no sync is possible.

Any idea what I could do?  

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Just found the solution :

I manually set the compatibility to vista for each executable file in the ProgramFiles\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 7  folder 

1. right-click properties
  2. choose compatibility tab
  3. select change setting for all users (bottom part of the window)
  4. choose Windows VISTA
  5. click run this program as admin
  6. click ok 

Please use plain text.
Sage
rider5512

Both PCS and Ovi suite 2 instal fine on Windows 7 Ultimate RTM. However the new release of NSU nedds to be installed in compatability mode as administrator however I can't test if NSU actually works as I'm awaiting firmware update to be available to test

Rider5512

Rider5512
Please use plain text.
Sage
Suyogmh

Yes, for me NSU doesnt install unless done in compatibility mode which I dont want. Also I noticed that OVI files connector also doesnt work in Windows 7.
Best Regards,
Suyog
Please use plain text.