Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: PC-Suite 6.83.14.1 - PC Connectivity Bluetooth...

Contributor

PC-Suite 6.83.14.1 - PC Connectivity Bluetooth Modem fails to install correctly

Firstly System Details
======================
Phone Model: Nokia 6680, Operator SFR
Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
Nokia PC Suite: Version 6.83.14.1
Connectivity Cable Drivers: Version 6.83.9.0
PC Connectivity Solution: Version 7.7.10.0
Bluetooth stack: WIDCOMM Bluetooth stack Version 4.0.1 Build 3000

=========================
Problem Description:
=========================
After pairing with PC the PC-Suite application installs the Modem "PC Connectivity Bluetooth Modem". When I launch from PC-Suite "Connect to the Internet" and configure settings I am able to select the Modem and the operator profile. When I attempt to connect using this application I receive an error:
"Failed to connect to the network! The modem may be used by another application or the modem may not be configured properly".

Under windows device manager if I try to run diagnostics on the Modem it spits out an error " The port that the modem is attachedcould not be opened. This may be the result of a hardware conflict. However Device manager reports no hardware conflict!

This is the otput og the log:
05-04-2007 13:08:33.203 - File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\tapisrv.dll, Version 5.1.2600
05-04-2007 13:08:33.203 - File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\unimdm.tsp, Version 5.1.2600
05-04-2007 13:08:33.203 - File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\unimdmat.dll, Version 5.1.2600
05-04-2007 13:08:33.203 - File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\uniplat.dll, Version 5.1.2600
05-04-2007 13:08:33.203 - File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\modem.sys, Version 5.1.2600
05-04-2007 13:08:33.203 - File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\modemui.dll, Version 5.1.2600
05-04-2007 13:08:33.203 - File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mdminst.dll, Version 5.1.2600
05-04-2007 13:08:33.203 - Modem type: PC Connectivity Bluetooth Modem
05-04-2007 13:08:33.203 - Modem inf path: oem74.inf
05-04-2007 13:08:33.203 - Modem inf section: PCCSModem
05-04-2007 13:08:33.203 - Matching hardware ID: 7efa569549814b2f8d267b9a5f21ba0f_pccsmodem
05-04-2007 13:08:33.203 - Opening the modem device failed with error 00000002

This worked in the previous version of PC-Suite.

I have tried to re-install , clean out previous settings etc etc... I can workaround for now with my USB cable but any pointers as to what is worng would be most helpful.

Thank you all in advance.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: PC-Suite 6.83.14.1 - PC Connectivity Bluetooth Modem fails to install correctly

Hi mtate

You are installing WIDCOMM BT maually?

Is there any viral or spyware application running to interfere with install?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Contributor

Re: PC-Suite 6.83.14.1 - PC Connectivity Bluetooth Modem fails to install correctly

Hi Scoobyman,

The Widcomm BT stack is already installed and working prior to the installation of the PC-Suite application. It is the same stack that was used with the previous version (6.82...) that worked correctly.

I have tried re-installing it manually but this has no effect on the PC Connectivity Bluetooth Modem. I can query the BT Modem installed by MSoft when I obtain via properties the diagnostic tools.

What concerns me is the the PC Connectivity BT Modem is set to use port COM0 and I am surprised by this.

Any hints would be most welcome.

Thank you
Mike
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi mtate

Clean out of ideas but I have heard of PC Suite opening up a new COM port each time connection is made, so that eventually you run out; but this is not the situation here!

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Employee

Have you tried to change that COM port manually (e.g set it to COM100) ?
Contributor

Hi Miksu,

Unfortunatey I cannot change it maunally under XP. The use of port 0 in the Modem properties is fixed.

Regards
Mike
Employee

Hmmm..I can change COM port in my XP....

Try this (if you didn't try this yet):
Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Modems > select your Modem (e.g. nokia xx Bluetooth modem) > Action > Properties > Advanced > Advanced Port Settings > change COM Port Number to COM100.
Contributor

Hi Miksu,
When I install the "PC Connectivity Bluetooth Modem" the option to change the com port does not appear under advanced settings.
To install the "PC Connecivity Bluetooth Modem" I have to run The "PCSuite --> Manage Connections --> Select Bluetooth --> then discover my Nokia 6680" After this the "PC Connectivity Bluetooth Modem" appears in my hardware profile alongside my "Bluetooth Modem". Under the "Bluetooth Modem" I can alter the Com port number.

Any ideas?? Nokia personnel???

Thanks again for your continuing support.

BR
Mike
Employee

Hi,

I'm using Microsoft BT stack with my PC Suite. So this problem does not happen with MSBT (BTW: with MS BT, there is possible to change COM ports evenif PC Suite has installed that Modem).

If you want to try MS BT, uninstall that WidComm and restart PC. Aftet that if BT is not working, then MS is not support your BT HW)
Registered Member

Me also i got this error message for 2 days now i don't know what happen. Before i can used it but now i can't i don't what happen. I'm using usb cable instead of bluetooth and my modem is N73, is thier anyone solve this problem??? i can't really work without the net...i hope someone solve this problem already. I also do the same thing what other do, since last night i have installed and uninstalled the software for 10 times but nothing happen still the error exist i already send my CP to the technician maybe my CP have the problem but its not. Everything is ok but when i start connecting to the internet, the port is opening but after that the error pops-up.

PLEASE HELP....

I had the same issue with N97. The phone was always connected to the data packet connection, making it unavailable for other apps (including modem functionality).

No apps were running on the phone (web, mail etc were all closed.)

Rebooting the phone cleared the issue.

This a N97 Bug already reported in the forum but not answered or fixed by Nokia at this time.

Rgds

Registered Member

Same problem here with my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic... :smileysad:

The problem is, I guess in the driver itself, 'cause it won't query the modem at all... though, I did succed doing that only once (I'm not sure how!?) when I let the Bluetooth software install the modem itself (simply as the 'Bluetooth modem'), but then it wasn't recognized by Nokia's software... :smileysad:

Nokia!? Please respond... :smileysad:

Registered Member

Hi, 

I had same problem with 5800 xpress

just go to device manager, remove the nokia bluetooth modem, and while it's connected via bluetooth to pcsuite go to control panel>modems (remove all nokia bluetooth modems from there also, if any)  and click ADD, it will search phones and modems and find your xpress phone and install nokia modem .

it worked for me :smileyhappy:

good luck  

Registered Member

I am having the same problem.

I use a VAIO Win Vista with a Nokia 5800.

The system was working properly, connecting to the internet from the computer using the phone as modem thru a BT connection. I don't think I changed anything and it stopped functioning.

Any body came up with a solution?

Registered Member
ramiz6666

Nokia Pc suite : Failed to connect to establish a netwok connection failed  .

Problem solved  .

The problem lies with the modem  .It is known that every time pc suite connects its creats a new port connwection .So to connect 

1. Go to device manager and remove all modems .
  2. Then go to control panel and in phone&modems remove the modems listed .
  3. Connect your phone to pc via bluetooth  .It will automatically list the modem and install driver .
  4. Go to your pc suite and connect to internet and connect . (remember it coonect over Hd audio soft data fax modem smart cp)  .
Contributor
Washimchr

My heartfull gratitude and thanks goes to Aquaris29 & Ramiz6666. I hv cnctd 2 intnt wth ur help and a bit additional work on d same prcss. I prayed to Allah & Yes,Yes,Yes, it did work. Nokia help desk is unable 2 solve various nokia suite prblms. A happy ending......
ioneyes

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem as this on a Nokia E51.

The general solution to this problem for any phone.... from first principles...

1... Delete the Modem entry for the phone, in Phone and Modems,

Control Panel.
2... Delete the RFCOMM Protocol TDI in Device Manager.
3... Delete the pairing for the phone in Nokia PC Suite.
4... Unpair the computer in your phone handset

5... Re-Pair the phone, and test its paired and connects

in PC Suite.
6... Rescan for devices, Device Manager.

This will reinstall the 'RFCOMM Protocol TDI' in Device Manager.

7... Check you are connecting to the correct access end-point for your network.
       You can...
            7.1... enter the correct network address in the PC Suite
                      'Connect to Internet settings', Access point box.

If you configure the connection manually,

there is a greater chance it will work, as opposed to auto.

OR

7.2... enter the correct network address in the modem Properties,

Advanced, 'Extra initialisation commands' box.

Extra Initialisation commands for the UK Vodafone network would be
      +CGDCONT=,,"wap.vodafone.co.uk"

If you choose the 7.2 option you don't need PC Suite open to connect in future. You can simply find the connection in Start Menu, 'Connect to' menu. Either 'double-click', or 'right-click | connect' and you will be connected.

This network connection is normally created by PC Suite. If you play around with it and connections start failing, you could 'right-click | delete' and set it back up in PC Suite. to reinitialise it back to sensible settings - remebering to re-enter your network access end-point.

That should deal with any hosed connection, whatever the reported reason on connect.

Happy browsing :-)

Registered Member
samrood

I have also same problem my handset is nokia c3-00
and i using compaq presario cq56 when i was connecting via bluetooth the error message is appearing 'the device is not connect correctly or the configuration may be incorrect'
i tried so many times i reinstall many times plz help me guyz