Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

PC Suite Not Working

Contributor

PC Suite Not Working

Hi,

I was able to use Nokia PC Suite 7.1.18.0 until I  upgraded it to Nokia PC Suite 7.1.30.9. After the upgradation, neither I have been able to connect my handsets with the PC through PC Suite nor use any icons in the PC Suite.

I get the following error messages;

• On clicking, 'Click here to connect a phone'

Error Message: 'Failed to start the process C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite7\GetConnected.exe'

• On clicking Messages Icon in the PC Suite;

Error Message: 'Failed to start the process CommunicationCentre.exe'

• On clicking Backup Icon in the PC Suite;

Error Message: 'Failed to start the process C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite7\ContentCopier.exe'

• On clicking Manage Connections from Settings;

Error Message: 'Failed to start the process C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite7\ConnectionManager.exe'

I have tried uninstalling & re-installing PC Suite 7.1.18.0 and also tried to Repair PC Suite 7.1.30.9, but no luck. Therefore kindly assist me in resolving this issue.

OS: Microsoft Windows XP 32-bit Edition, Service Pack 2

Connection Method: Cable & Bluetooth

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

Re: PC Suite Not Working

use this tool http://www.nokia.co.uk/get-support-and-software/download-software/pc-suites/how-to/nokia-pc-suite-cl... 

also uninstall the pc connectivity solution and any nokia modem driver you see in the installed programs list.

then reinstall pc suite.

Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
cricfancy

Hi,

How about checking your issue in Nokia Ovi Suite 2.0.0.10, if your phone is compatible with NOS 2.0 ???

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Epstein

If all else fails, run Windows System Restore to revert PC Suite to the old version.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks pavilion_alex for your reply.

Tried going as per your suggestion but it has'nt worked.

Still getting the same messages after installing PC Suite a fresh.

Message Edited by DhruvC on 30-Oct-2009 03:50 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Am unable to revert with system restore, some issues preventing it to happen.

Also, its the icons & the menus of the PC Suite which are giving these error messages, else am able to use the same from C:/Program Files/Nokia/Nokia PC Suite.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Have tried removing the PC Suite with PC Suite Cleaner & installing PC Suite 7.1.18.0 but still no luck.

Please assist me in re-solving this issue.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Please somebody assist me on this issue, I have'nt been able to fix this till now.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
el_dred

HI..Hi ...HAVING SIMILAR PROBLEMS ONLY WORSE...HAVING GIVEN UP ON OVI SUITE AFTER THE AWFULL "UPGRADE " TO oVI 2,..AND NOKIA SEEMING TO HAVE FINALLY PERSUADED GOOD OLD PC SUITE TO WORK WITH THE N97/MS OUTLOOK HAD BEEN HAPPILY USING PC SUITE FOR A MONTH OR SO...WITHOUT MAJOR PROBLEMS...RAN UPDATE ADVISOR LAST WEEK...AND DOWNLOADE AND INSTALLED THE PC SUITE UPDATE AVAILABLE...APPARENTLY WITHOUT PROBLEMS.....hOWEVER WHEN I RESTARTED MACHINE WILL NOT BOOT UP AT ALL...NOT EVEN FAR ENOUGH TO DO A COMPLETE SYSTEM REGEN TO BEFORE THIS LATEST PIECE OF NOKIA ****** DESTROYED MY PC....I AM STILL AWAITING ADVICE FROM NOKIA AS TO HOW THEY PROPOSE TO RECTIFY THIS DISASTER....ANY ASSISTANCE WELCOME..... 
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thanks el_dred for your feedback on the issue.

Have been a user for PC Suites for long now & never faced such issues. And now when synchronising with PC's is becoming a neccessity Nokia is coming up with PC Suites causing all such issues.

Its really disheartening that after two updates of the PC Suite after the problem with 7.1.30.9, the issue still persist & we have not been able to get any assistance.

Please use plain text.