Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: PC Suite - There is no available connection ty...

Advisor

PC Suite - There is no available connection type...

Had PS Suite working nicely on BT. Suddenly it stops and I can't get it working over BT or cable. Keeps coming back and saying that there is no available connection type. Also says there is no BT stack on the system, which there is (MS) and its working outside of Pc Suite.

Operating system:
Microsoft Windows XP
Build 2600
Service Pack 2
Language: English (United States)
Language for non-Unicode programs: English (United States)
Locale: English (Ireland)
Input language: English (Ireland)

Nokia PC Suite:
Version 6.80.22
Language: English

Connectivity Cable Drivers:
Version 6.80.5.1

No supported Bluetooth stack found
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: PC Suite - There is no available connection type...

I have the exact same problem. Does anyone have any solution? I am using a laptop and tried connecting with a cable but the error appeared. It works on my desktop. I have two free USB ports so it cant be that I don't have enough ports
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Operating system:
Microsoft Windows XP
Build 2600
Service Pack 2
Language: English (United States)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Tried all that. No luck. I believe this is a registry problem. Is there any tool out that that will delete every Nokia/PC Suite entry (ie a wildcard) and let me start again. I've tried the nokia reg cleaner but it didn't work.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

Nokia PC Suite Cleaner will remove all the registry keys left behind during the installation of PC Suite itself.

Have you got in contact with us yet? Our support teams should be able to help you out further with this.

Cheers
-
Karim
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thanks alot sister bliss i got a solution from that link and pc suite now works. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

using windows media center

hello!

those using vista os, pls advice me how to use media center in opening and installing applications. i am suppose to download nokia lifeblog for my n70 coz the one installed in my phone has incomplete installation according to the nokia lifeblog installed in my notebook. but when i download the mobile software, the media center opens also and i am stuck there. i do not know how to proceed with media center....can anyone help?

tnx

argee
Please use plain text.

100% SOLUTION

deinstall pc connectivity suite from add/remove programs and nokia cable driver, and then install again "Nokia PC Suite"
Please use plain text.

I had the same problem... here's what I did. Uninstalled both Nokia PC Suite (used the Cleaner after uninstall) and all Bluetooth software (in my case BlueSoleil). Then I downloaded the latest versions of Nokia PC Suite and BlueSoleil. First I re-installed BlueSoleil and had it detect my phone. Next I deleted all paired devices on my phone and paired them anew. Then I reinstalled the latest Nokia PC Suite and it allowed me to select my connection preferences (type) during setup. Worked like a charm... I believe the problem was a version incompatibility issue between Nokia PC Suite and BlueSoleil. Nokia wasn't detecting any Bluetooth stacks. If you go to the help menu in Nokia PC Suite, click on "About" and then click on the information icon, it should show you all detected Bluetooth stacks... if it's not showing any, then you have a problem. Anyway, this all worked for me.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
conneciion

for problems related to PC suite PC Suite - There is no available connection type... please make sure u have started service "servicelayer.exe" under service.msc

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Conneciion that worked a treat. im using windows 7 and that service was disabled. set it to automatic and started. worked a dream :smileyhappy: nice 1

Please use plain text.
Washimchr

Hey friends, plz help me.
I could not find servicelayer in services.msc, I found it in PC connectivity solution but not in services.msc. Please help me to make it enable to get the connection.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PIN2

thanks.Service layer was disable in my case .Its working now.

Please use plain text.