Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

PC Suite & Windows 7

Registered Member

PC Suite & Windows 7

I have successfully used the versions of PC Suite on Windows XP SP2 & SP3 in the past but have now upgraded to Windows 7.

Cannot get it to work via Blue Tooth despite purchase of a new dongle -  Asus USB-BT21.  This works successfully with a Sansung suite but with Nokia no way!

Have tried all the recommended approaches (run as Administrator, worked in previous versions, compatibility mode etc.) and removed many times to try something new (including cleaning out the Registry).  But no it will not recognise the blue tooth installation.  Screen shot added - at least I tried but the system would not let me!!

The problem was:

'Cannot use the connection type. Check that all needed hardware, software and drivers are available' 

Can someone help please as I despair at getting BT to work. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: PC Suite & Windows 7

I could not get connect using the PC Suite either after upgrading to Windows 7. I could not connect via Bluetooth nor USB.

I then installed Nokia Ovi Suite, and that allowed me to connect with the Bluetooth connection.  I am using the IOGEAR mini-usb device.  After that connection, I was then able to connect via USB as well.  But connections keep hanging. I have to disconnect and re-connect all the time.  Sometimes I have to turn off and on the phone - e71x - too. Connecting via Bluetooth I connect at 460.8 kbps.

I had no problems at all before with XP nor Vista.

I am upset, but at least I have a connectivity, thanks to the Ovi Suite.  Oh, I now can connect via Bluetooth with PC Suite too.

Lamar

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: PC Suite & Windows 7

Had no success before with Ovi, but in view of Lamar's comments I tried again.

Despite setting to Win XP SP2 and running as Administrator, this still would not recognise the Bluetooth installation. 

So no further forward! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.