Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

PC Suite has detected that your system may not fun...

johnnnn

PC Suite has detected that your system may not function properly in modem usage..... fix this error

[ Edited ]

hello,

What version of Windows is being used - windows 7 home premium
What Service Pack is installed-                    service pack 1
What version of PC Suite is installed-          7.1.64.0
What is the connection method-                     cable   (bluetooth works fine)

im using win7 home premium and a nokia phn 5320xm ,symbian 60 3rd edition...

when i connect it using nokia pc suite 7 using data cable... i get the following error:

PC Suite has detected that your system may not function properly in modem usage. Install the required hotfix form here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=943198

OR SCREENSHOT OF ERROR

http://www.picscrazy.com/view/errorscreenshot

and my connetion status in the right bottom of screen become yellow with exclamation mark... and im unable to open any page...

i have installed the said hotfix in error but it didnt helped me to sort out the problem....

please help me... i have already posted this problem in 5 diffrent forums and none helped me out.. finally im here.....

Please use plain text.
johnnnn

Re: PC Suite has detected that your system may not function properly in modem usage..... fix this er

any1 plese help me..... :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
abrndha

Re: PC Suite has detected that your system may not function properly in modem usage..... fix this er

Hi,

When you connect your phone to the computer, don't connect it as PC Suite, there should be some other option as Connect to the Internet/Connect as modem.

You'll be prompted to enter details of your Service provider, username/password etc. (If you don't get it also, you can just create a dial-up connection with your phone as the modem.

This should solve your problem.

Hope it helped.

Please use plain text.