Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: PC Suite : "2 hours" error in Calendar vs. han...

Registered Member
Accepted Solution

PC Suite : "2 hours" error in Calendar vs. handset (Nokia 6086) calendar

Hi everyone

Everything on my laptop (PC Suite) Calendar is 2 hours earlier than on my handset's Calendar!

For example:

a) If I enter an appointment (using PC Suite's "Calendar" function) to start at, for example, 4pm... and then SYNCH with my mobile (a Nokia 6086), on the handset's Calendar the appointment will start 2 hours earlier - at 2pm!!

b) Similarly, If I enter an appointment (on the mobile) to start at, for example, 4pm... and then SYNCH, on my laptop (in PC Suite's "Calendar") the appointment will start 2 hours later - at 6pm!!

Can anyone help me?  Thank you in advance for your ideas!

...Paul

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
cricfancy

Re: PC Suite : "2 hours" error in Calendar vs. handset (Nokia 6086) calendar

Hi,

Does your phone and PC has got same timings(Day light saving issues are to be taken care here) ???

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

I also have this problem.

I always suspect a two hour error in calendar software to be a result of a bad module used to convert 24 hour time (military time) to 12 hour AM and PM (and vias versa).  My phone and PC are set to display military time.  Is this true of your use?

If so, it would explain the apparent rarity of  this error being reoported.

I have the same model.

Message Edited by crews on 05-Nov-2009 05:51 PM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I'm going to look into this... will change my time to "military", and try synching again - thanks for the tip!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

thanks Crews for the suggestion... setting my phone to 24-hour time worked!  now the synch works perfectly.  Have a great day!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hello Cricfancy... changing my handset to using 24-hour time has solved the problem.  Thanks for your suggestion!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Redguzzla

Minewas in 24 hour format - still has a 2 hour discrepancy

Please use plain text.