Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

PC Suite standard and NSeries

Counsellor

PC Suite standard and NSeries

[ Edited ]
Hi

Having returned from holiday and turning on my computer PC Suite both the normal version and NSeries version performed updates. Both went through fine no problems and the notification area icon changes when i connect my phone.

Things is, now when i load the message center, it no longer picks up my text messages, if i click on contacts it says 'Refreshing of contacts failed!' - it doesnt say why.

Along with the updates of PCSuite, my phone also got updated with something that it needed for it to work with the new version pf PCSuite properly. Its an N96.

Is this a software problem? anyone else had any issues?

Should i simply try a re-install?

EDIT: The other features of PCSuite work fine, it just seems to be the message centre application that is not working correctly.

Message Edited by gumuk on 14-Jan-2009 09:14 AM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: PC Suite standard and NSeries

[ Edited ]
the same problem with 6300. Updated the PC Suite because it was just annoying saying that updates are available. Before I downloaded the update everything worked fine but now - "refreshing of contacts failed". *expletive edited by moderator*    I wasted my time to download useless updates from Nokia!!!! :smileymad:
Message Edited by romanov on 02-Feb-2009 08:52 PM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

So still no resolution to this issue that plenty of people are having?
Please use plain text.
Professor
al_lea

For my N78, sometimes when there's over 1000+ SMS or contacts, PC Suite will report the error. But after F5 refreshing, E

Everything is OK.

What's the law of the jungle?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: PC Suite "refreshing of contacts failed"

I run Windows XP

SP3

Have nokia 3120

Connect via Bluetooth

to PC Suite 7.1.18.0

It connect the phone no proble,

download and upload music, images and all the rest.

Even the backup tool (from phone to PC) works fine.

But I cant upload my contacts, about 400 of them.

Cant upload them even one at the time.

I get a message saying "refreshing of contacts failed"

Any tips?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

Hi!

You can give a try to this: CLICK HERE

Cheers!

panderson

Message Edited by panderson on 19-May-2009 06:56 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor
amiel

hi, hope this helps. try this:

go to your app manager and uninstall the "MMS SYNC" only. leave behind the pcsuite and sms sync.

then try reconnect your phone and refresh the contacts. If pc suite ask again for installing some features on your phone, just decline it.

AmieL
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi i assume you mean 'Applications' > 'App Mgr.' > 'Installed Apps' ???

Well on my N96 i dont have MMS Sync, but then i also dont have PCSuite or SMS Sync as mentioned by you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
amiel

yes it is. are you connecting your phone thru bluetooth? try not to pair it first. make sure it doesn't have any plugin of pcsuite in your phone. i'm using the pc suite version 7.1.26.1. connecting thru bluetooth.. before i'm having a problem with contacts and calendar but now its okay after removing mms sync.
AmieL
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Im using a cable connection, but still i dont have any of those applications installed on my phone you mentioned
Please use plain text.
Contributor
amiel

hmm. i really dont know much about cable connections works. if you can, try to connect it thru bluetooth. the trick works for my N70 and also to N76. after deleting mmssync, 'refreshing of contacts failed" was now gone. for now i'm goin to try the latest version of pcsuite.
AmieL
Please use plain text.
Contributor
amiel

by the way, for the pcsuite plugin, try to read other discussions here: /discussions/board/message?message.uid=483396#U483396

you might find some idea about it and also regarding the contacts failed issue.

AmieL
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Actually I had this problem for a long time. But when I installed the latest version of the PC Suite it started to work properly. So maybe you need to upgrade yours too.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Already done that, i have to use 7.0.8.2 on my PC as no version since has worked properly. im not sure how to update the software on the phone, pcsuite doesnt appear in the installed apps list.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

The problem is about location of user profile. In my case, I have folders redirection policy configured, offline files crashes NCC. I logged locally  (with a local user, not domain's user, so the policy is not applied) and everything worked just fine.

Still looking for a solution for my domain profile.

Looked through registry configuration for NCC, config files, found nothing, maybe location for "PC Suite" folder is hardcoded inside .exe, pointing to something like "%user%\Application Data".

Any more ideias? As someone else said, Nokia's developers should give support in the foruns.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zemuntrio

Ok , can somebody solve this problem.. I think that Nokia constructor can't fix this::

Can't see contacts on phone memory,but when somebody from contact list call me,his name shows on the screen.. Contact search don't work, search option in applications don't work.. Please somebody help,i have very important contacts on my phone.. When i look Phone memory it shows contacs memory 225kb,but where are they???? How can i save them from loosing..Synchronizing them with PC don't work too..Before few days i just synchronize emails with phone,maybe that is a bug in Nokia E52???

i save new contact in phone memory, it seams ok, but when I try to find them there's nothing..

Phone popup:

Building cache. search will be able in moment,

and then i just can see contacts from sim card..Nothing from phone memory..

and when i go in applications/search file(there is many search options), it cant work,phone just close search..

Do You know in root folder on Phone memory,where the concacts are?? maybe i can send them to the PC,and back??
I just updated softver,and i have same problem.. "Building cache" and then no contacs....

I just updated softver,and i have same problem.. "Building cache" and then no contacs....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zemuntrio

i am still waiting for help..

if i do hard reset of software i will lose all that contacts for sure.. Now,the only way to find contacts is to start typing message,and in number field i start typing name of somebody from contact list,then i press send,and phone autocomplete the name of person,or give me all person names which contains typed form..

Will somebody help me from nokia service or not ..

I dont know what to do..

maybe is solution to buy some other brand of mobile phones.......

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zemuntrio

Help comes from nokia support..

I done "hard reset" of phone,and everything works fine now..only contacts i had to write on paper to not loose them..

Thank's support,i am stayin' on Nokia phones :-)
Please use plain text.
JJ_Oz

Re: PC Suite "refreshing of contacts failed" - Solution

SInce it is probably a corrupt index, when I had this error I was lucky enough to have a recent good backup of my contacts, and so I:

1. deleted all the phone contacts (mark all, del)

2. restored only the contacts from the restore point

I no longer received the msg :smileyhappy:, although I lost some of the edits I was doing :smileyindifferent:.

I think if the PC syncs too fast with the phone which has a slower disk & processor, and you try to edit too fast, the next edit trys to update the database at the same time as it is being released by the phone after syncing :smileysurprised:.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ihab88

Hi every body please try this, 

To try and solve this problem, do the following:
1) Select Start > Settings > Control Panel, and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
2) In the Add or Remove Programs window, search the list of currently installed programs forPC Connectivity Solution.
3) Select PC Connectivity Solution, and click the Change button. The PC Connectivity Solution Maintenance Program opens.
4) In the maintenance program, click Repair. Then wait for the operation to be completed.
5) Restart your PC, and try to connect your device to the PC again.

Please use plain text.