Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: PC Suite will not sync Calendar with Lotus Not...

Accepted Solution

PC Suite will not sync Calendar with Lotus Notes 8.5

I am running PC Suite 7.1.18.0 on Windows XP SP2 and attempting to sync between Lotus Notes V8.5 and my E51, which reports: 300.34.56, 11-12-2008, RM-244 Nokia E51 (06). 

The syncing worked more or less entirely satisfactorily in the past.  However at some point it began to fail and now I am completely unable to sync my calendar with the phone. (Contacts sync still works but only when Calendar sync is disabled.)

The Sync application shows it's reading some records (20-25 right now) but then stops and logs two messages:

PC Sync Information. PC Sync has encountered a problem and has terminated the synchronisation.

The Synchronisation has been Aborted! The synchronisation has been aborted.

It makes no difference whether I use USB or Bluetooth. I think I've tried just about everything that I've seen suggested in various postings on this topic. For example, I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled PC Suite, I've cleared out the stored data, I've created new sync profiles, I've tried different sync horizons, I've updated the phone firmware, I've even tried different Notes mail databases -- nothing seems to re-enable the syncing.

I'm guessing that there is some entry in my calendar that is causing the sync program to barf. If I could discover what it is that's causing the problem, I could probably fix it.

Is there any way to get some more verbose logging or to find any additional detail to help diagnose what is causing this problem? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
cricfancy

Re: PC Suite will not sync Calendar with Lotus Notes 8.5

Hi mark_scott,

As you mentioned on your post earlier

I'm guessing that there is some entry in my calendar that is causing the sync program to barf. If I could discover what it is that's causing the problem, I could probably fix it.

For this what you can do is, on your system tray, look for PC Sync's (ying yang symbol) sign, right click and exit.  While setting the synchronisation date range, make it as default settings as 1 week in the past and 1 month in the future and then try to sync, it may be due to a calendar entry on your which has got indifinite date... MAY BE 

Also you can try this option in latest pc suite 7.1.26.0 :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.

Thanks for the suggestions. I upgraded PC Suite; made no difference.  I used the default sync horizons - 1 week in the past, 1 month in the future - made no difference.  I looked carefully through all the entries in my calendar and deleted anythng that looked unusual or had strange dates - made no difference. I tried setting a sync horizon of 1 day in the past, 1 day in the future, and the sync still failed.

What I really need is some option to make PC Sync produce more verbose error messages, so I can actually see which calendar entry is causing the problem. Unfortunately I suspect there is no such option.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hricardo

I've got the very same problem with my Notes 8.5, PC Suite 7.1.26 and Nokia E71-3. My sync get interrupted and nothing happens. I've reinstalled software, repaired BT configuration, soft reset my phone, but nothing worked.

After disabling calendar syncing, however, I'm able to sync it, so it's clearly a handling problem with certain calendar entry.Problem is, I wasn't able to find wich entry is. A colleague also got the same problem, so I'll explore with him if we have similar entries on our calendars to figure out the problematic one.

What I miss is a better logger for PC Sync software - this could save us time on this kind of problem, also help Nokia support to debug and solve those handling problems.

Nokia E71-3 - Wireless Warrior
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have e71. After update from 6.89 to 7.1(pc suite) the calendar of Office 2007  will not sync and here is the error message:

"File accessed is denied. You do not have the permission required to the file C:\Documents and Setting\(username)\Local settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook0.ost".

Talked to the IT dept. Since I do not have Mobile Service in the company, I am stuck.

Uninstalled 7.1 and back to 6.89, still will not sync to the Calendar in Office 2007. I FOLLOWEDTHE SUGGESTIONS ON THIS BOARD, STILL WON'T WORK!!

What is the root cause?

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hricardo

Johlee2,

In your case, this is not the right thread - this is related to Lotus Notes 8.5, not to Outlook. And those clients don't share any similarity.

However, it looks like you have local permission problem. Try to install PC Suite as administrator on your machine to allow full access grants.

Hope this helps,

Ricardo

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi Ricardo,

thanks for the info. The laptop that i have is company property. I do not have the authority to install under administrator.

I do not not what is wrong/changed after the update.

johlee2

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hricardo

After reviewing entries in my calendar, I've notice that attachments can cause problems with Calendar sync. Get rid of that and you're good to go.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi Ricardo,

I couldn't go that far yet. Called the tech support in USA (I found out this forum is Europe) and they told me that my e71 is from Malaysia and my update software is from USA. Not know if this where the issues are. I delete all the entries in my calendar and try sync the calendar again. It stops right at the same place. Now my entries are totally gone.

So I use the Malaysia PC Suite update (removed all Nokia related softwares in my laptop) and installed the Malaysia update version. Still stop right at the same place which is "Microsoft" "outlook0.ost" file saying that I do not have the permission.

I noticed that in my "cellphone memory" there was a "Data" folder with a folder "{66de788c-2956-11db-962d-00e08161165f}Relocated". What is this? Could it be the cause of sync problems?

The USA tech support suggested that I format the "cellphone memory" using " *#7370# ". What will be consequence after format it?

johlee2

Please use plain text.

Ricardo, thanks a lot for this pointer.  I went through my calendar and removed any attachments I could find in meeting notices, and subsequently the sync worked again.  It is a bit of a pain to have to remove the attachments, but I'd rather have sync working.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
hricardo

I must add some extra finding. My sync stopped to work again, and no calendar entries with attachments were inbetween sync range.

Reading other threads I've find the answer: a well-know bug on PC Suite that don't truncate certain fields on calendar entries. Locations and descriptions with large character counts will abort the sync process. 

Solution is twofold: get rid of those entries and request senders to avoid to send it again.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi Ricardo,

I SOLVED THE ISSUE OF SYNC IN PC SUITE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

The problems are in the "start-->run-->regedit" in Windows XP. Here are the procedures:

1. uninstall the PC Suite (A FIRST STEP THAT MUST BE FOLLOWED!!!!!!!!)

2. go to "start-->run-->regedit"

3. go to "edit-->find" and type "nokia"

4. start removing all the "nokia" related keys ( it takes around 30 minutes to erase them all.)

5. install the new PC suite 7.1

6. click "connection" and then "Bluetooth" (not USB cable)

7. reboot

and try the sync again, it should work!!!!!

/johlee2

Please use plain text.
Professor
xenogriff

or u can use the pc suite cleaner from http://www.nokia-asia.com/get-support-and-software/download-software/nokia-pc-suites/how-to/nokia-pc... to do the same thing :smileytongue:
if my post helped u out, please click the Star next to it to add some KUDOS to my name :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi Xenogriff,

Thanks a lot for the info. Hope this info will help those who have issues in the update of pc suite 7.1.

YOU ARE MUCH BETTER THAN THOSE GUYS IN "NOKIA 2ND TIER TECHNICAL SUPPORT !!!" in USA.

I called them about the update of PC Suite 7.1 sync problems in CALENDAR and all the info I got is to uninstall->reboot and install-->reboot again. They don't even know to remove all the registries from previous installation to have a CLEAN installation.

/johlee2

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi,

I have the same problem with the Nokia Suite hanging when syncing with Lotus Notes 8...

I am using:

Nokia PC Suite v7.1.30.8

IBM Lotus Notes Release 8.0.2 HHF206 Revision 20080809.0430-HHF206 (Release 8.0.2 HF623)

I have tried the above suggestions of (1) uninstalling the Nokia Suite, then (2) running the cleaner, (3) I then even went through the registery using regedit and removed all references to "nokia", (4) reinstalled Nokia Suite... still no joy...

The sync hangs then I get an error from Lotus Notes saying "An error has occured in a Lotus Notes application."

Like everyone else, contacts sync fine, it is just the calender entries that are a problem.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sreekiyer

I tried the above steps.. but could not get it working. the Notes still crashing.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
markee

I've also tried everything listed, but the sycronisation for calendar entries does not work. It used to work, but stopped. Contacts works without problems.

PC Laptop: XP Professional SP3.

PC Suite version:  7.1.60.00

Phone E71 version 501.21.001.

Lotus Notes version 8.5  (Release 8.5.1FP5 SHF29)

How should I proceed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
prasanum

[ Edited ]

Hi, Is it possible for you to please send a installation dump for the Nokia suite 7.1, please. Am bleeding with out the calendar intergratiion from lotus notes.. Please help. Mail id - 

Moderators notes: Personal email removed.

Please use plain text.