Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

PC Sync with Outlook Categories

Advisor
4muumia

Re: PC Sync with Outlook Categories

ok, heres the macro page: http://www.davidco.com/forum/showthread.php?9169-Calendar-application-for-GTD-on-Symbian-S60-Nokia-E...

i do know this is nowhere near the ease i had when i still had my zire71 :smileysad: but

its the closest i can think of on a s60 device. in fact, the latest ver of sbsh cal /w outlook + pc sync works so well that i dont even pay attention to this dilemma anymore :smileyhappy:

Nokia 1011, 2110, 3110, 3210, 5210, E61i, 6500 slide, E90, PALM Treo 750, E72, Sony Ericsson Aspen
Please use plain text.
Advisor
4muumia

And the latest firmware update completely destroyed pc sync. Even the basic calendar / contacts sync is **cked up now. Yesterday I bought a new Sony Ericsson Aspen winmo 6.5.3. and sync works like charm. I will never spend another minute figuring why my e72 business-smartphone doesnt act like one, instead i did the ultimate solution > switching to a real smartphone with all the basic elements there. I recommend this solution to everyone wasting time with Nokia.

Nokia 1011, 2110, 3110, 3210, 5210, E61i, 6500 slide, E90, PALM Treo 750, E72, Sony Ericsson Aspen
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have just lost the great majority (but not all, somehow) of my Outloook Categorizations.  The only possibility is during synchronization with e71 through either Nokia PC Suite or, more likely, through a failed synchronization with Ovi.

This is serious for me.  I did not think it was possible to lose original data in a sync.  I back up but not that often and have a lot of new entries since last time.

Any suggestions anyone.  Is the data in there somewhere?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Any news on this? Categories anyone? Has Nokia at least confirmed they are looking into this or just ignoring us?
Rimugunides O'Brian
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Any news? Give Nokia a break, it's only been a little over 5 years since this thread was started.

In my opinion this thread symbolizes why Nokia is no longer the #1 cell phone company. Five years of waiting and we still can't organize our phone numbers with the worlds #1 contact software (Microsoft Outlook). For years I was a Nokia loyalist and I would only buy Nokia phones. My current phone is not a Nokia and chances are I will never own one again.

In a similar vein here is a good article I found today:

Nokia Finally Faces the Hard Truth

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I think the Symbian platform support will die in 2016 without Outlook categories or folder sync support. And the conclusion will be that in the end it was not that important, people were able to live without it. This is a sad joke, though.

Please use plain text.

I don't think people necessarily lived without it.  A more likely conclusion is that people changed platforms.  For a signifcant (though not necessarily a majority) percentage of the smartphone population, it is very important.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Because of these annoyances, like Outlook folder sync is missing, I am constantly evaluation other platforms, webOS, iPhone, Android.

If on any platform the hardware gets good enough, I will see little reason to stay.

Unless, those platforms also have such small bugs-annoyances that make me come back.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
robejoeh

Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) adaptiable by any one on a domain without having everyone join it.

Triosync is ready to go ActiveSync mail option for anyone on any domain. You can have Exchange Mail with Activesync without having an Exchnage Server for your domain

Please use plain text.