Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

PC suite not detecting phone

Contributor

PC suite not detecting phone

Hi,

I have updated the firmware on my N80, but now PC suite cannot detect the phone, however, I can connect to the internet even if the phone is not detected.

I installed the updated PC suite, uninstalled it, and reverted to the older version, nothing works.

Can someone please assist?
Employee

Re: PC suite not detecting phone

Hi,

If the problem is in PC Suite, try this first:
/discussions/board/message?board.id=pcsuite&message.id=11480

if no help, open windows device manager...can you see any question mark in there (and what phone connection points you can find from there) ?
Registered Member

I have a solution. You see, I've updated pc suite from an old version to version 6.8x for my friend but his phone(N80) was no longer being detected by the pc suite. So i tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still same problem. So I figured that there must be a conflict or something with the old version still probably existing in the system. So after I removed pc suite and connection cable from add/remove in control panel, I started manually checking if there is anything concerning nokia and I found that there is a folder called PC Connection solution under program files so i tried to delete it but couldn't so i deleted it from safe mode. After i did that, i deleted all registry keys by going to run and typing regedit: Under Local machine, under software there were two folders, nokia and pc connection solutions. I deleted both, and then restarted back into windows. I installed 6.8x (I don't know if it was 6.81 or something, but doesn't matter). Connection wizard came up, I plugged the usb chose the pc suite option on the phone and bang! everything worked normal. So that's how I got it to work. I don't think any other way would work except formatting windows:smileyhappy:
I hope this will help people with this kind of problem.
God Bless all of you.
Registered Member

PC suite not detecting phone n73 

Registered Member
rasdee

I also experienced the same after upgrading. Thanx ronny for your help. I also uninstalled the PC Connectivity program and then reinstalled Nokia PC suite and it worked. :smileyhappy:

Registered Member
jinglebelll

Thanks Man. I was hassled for a while (quite a while actually). Appreciate your help. This works really well.

ronny042 wrote:
I have a solution. You see, I've updated pc suite from an old version to version 6.8x for my friend but his phone(N80) was no longer being detected by the pc suite. So i tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still same problem. So I figured that there must be a conflict or something with the old version still probably existing in the system. So after I removed pc suite and connection cable from add/remove in control panel, I started manually checking if there is anything concerning nokia and I found that there is a folder called PC Connection solution under program files so i tried to delete it but couldn't so i deleted it from safe mode. After i did that, i deleted all registry keys by going to run and typing regedit: Under Local machine, under software there were two folders, nokia and pc connection solutions. I deleted both, and then restarted back into windows. I installed 6.8x (I don't know if it was 6.81 or something, but doesn't matter). Connection wizard came up, I plugged the usb chose the pc suite option on the phone and bang! everything worked normal. So that's how I got it to work. I don't think any other way would work except formatting windows:smileyhappy:
God Bless all of you.

Registered Member
Sajkol

Hi everybody. After reading thru jinglebell method. I found an even easire method... just go to control panel add remove options and remove all the programs Nokia. This you can confirm if check the publisher column. The 4 programs i deleted were Nokia Connectivity Cable driver, Nokia Suite, pc connectivity solution,and windows driver package -- nokia pccsmcfd.....

After this I restarted the computer and re installed nokia suite.... as soon as it was complete I attached the usb chord to my mobile and it was detected and worked normally...

hope this helps others as well. Cheers!:smileyhappy:

jinglebelll wrote:

Thanks Man. I was hassled for a while (quite a while actually). Appreciate your help. This works really well.

ronny042 wrote:
God Bless all of you.:smileytongue: