Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Pre-Shared Key for WLAN

Advisor

Pre-Shared Key for WLAN

Hi,

when I try to connect to a particular access point I am repeatedly asked for the Key. Is there a way I can memorize this so that I would not have to entere it over and over again?

Thank you
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Pre-Shared Key for WLAN

Of course you can. Goto Menu>Tools>Settings>Connections>Access points>, then select the Access point you want to setup the pre shared key for. Scroll down to and select "WLAN security settings", change "WPA/WPA2" to "Preshared key", click on "Preshared key" and enter you key.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi, I need help on my N82, I just had bought a D-Link Wifi usb adaptor for me to connect wireless network from my PC.
I can't even connect the adaptor even though i already installed it properly by CD installer.
And also, about Pre Shared Key, where could you find that?
is that the network key that has been set up in your computer? Coz i have been trying and it always invalid pre-shared nwetwork key?
PLease help me if you knew something about setting up the usb wifi adaptor?
And can you also share your knowledge on that Pre Shared WLAN network key?
I have totally lost?
Thanks and regards.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Same issue, on my new N96

Says "SKY60678" and "TalkTalk4jkb2"

Now these are maybe neighbours WiFi connections, but wont do any harm me connecting? How would I get connect for a wee surf on my phone?
Please use plain text.
abushahana

Go to "tools" then WLAN wizard it will search the available network. choose the nerwork which is you need to enter the password for the router. enter the password and exit the settings.  it will save the network availability and password automatically.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

@fugazifugazi

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums.
I wont do you any harm connecting to any WiFi connection as long as you know the password for the WiFi if it is a secure connection. If it is not then it should just connect and you should be able to use the data services.

Am I to understand that you have bought a new router and don't know the Pre shared key? If so the key is normally in the user manual or somewhere on the router itself normally at the bottom.

@maepallo

Just to clarify you have bought a Wifi dongle for your P.C to make it wireless? So you don't have a router but a build in modem in your P.C?

Are you entering the Pre shared key into your N82? If so and it is coming up with invalid key, have you consulted your user manual for the dongle as the key is normally in there or somewhere on the router itself? Do you remember setting up a key? On your phone when it searches for wireless networks are you selecting the right wireless connection to connect to?

If the device is saying invalid key then you are entering the wrong key code.

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.