Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problem in connecting my phone USB

Registered Member
chandu4455
Accepted Solution

Problem in connecting my phone USB

I have problem in connecting my USB cable.My display shows "Memory card is in use by another application" always when I connect it through USB Cable.I cannot open my memory card.Please help me what might be the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Pl. provide your device details.. BTW, did you try connecting without the Memory Card being in your phone?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

chandu4455 wrote:

I have problem in connecting my USB cable.My display shows "Memory card is in use by another application" always when I connect it through USB Cable.

If you were trying to download more mapping for Nokia Maps you would get this error if this application was open or you might have chosen to save messages to memory card for example.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chandu4455

Its 5130 c-2 express music...wen i tried to connect it without memory card it says insert memory card to continue....!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Copy any imortant data on MC to your PC and first Format the Card.. You may use a Memory Card reader for that.. Then insert in the Phone and see if that makes any difference ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Just to add to farby's post, in menu-settings-connectivity- data cable, did you set it data storage? If yes change it to Nokia Suite. In data storage the card is connected as an external device like a pen drive & it may be gettings scanned by the antivirus on the pc. That may be the cause of message being displayed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Enterline

2 out of 3 Lumina 822s connectivity problem with USB

Just purchase 3 Lumina 822 Windows phone under Verizon.  2 of the phones have the following problem, the 3rd operates fine.

Connecting to any laptop, have tried several Windows 7 and Windows 8 laptops, the phone is shown in the file manager tree as "Windows Phone", but nothing showing underneath. Spoke with Verizon support, tried soft reset - no change. Then tried hard reset, after reset, the laptop can see all the folders under the phone, i.e. photos, videos, documents, etc...., but all folders are empty underneath, even though there are files in these folders.  Disconnecting and reconnecting the usb cable results in the folders going away. If I try to copy/paste a file into the phone directory, he complains with "Cannot copy item, The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected" even though the cable is connected. 

Verizon contacted Nokia, no bulletins out on this issues, even though I have 2 of 3 phones with same symptoms. Told to return to Verizon for a  new phone.

I have a strong, compelling reason to stay with Windows phones and I'd REALLY like to have some confidence that the next phone will work, but am hesitant to a) pick up 2 new Nokia Lumina 822s and b) keep the 3rd working phone, in fear of the same symptoms occuring. The main reason for staying Windows is I've gone Windows 8 on a couple new HP Envy X2s and would like a seamless setup and sharing.

Please tell me that I'm not the first one to experience this issue, or you will work directly with me to help resolve. Let's face it, not being able to connect through USB is a showstopper, kinda self-defeating to seamless isn't it? I've invested now into Nokia, I hope you will invest the time with me.

Verizon's only other option currently, is the HTC Windows phone.

Please help soon.

Eric

Please use plain text.