Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Problems on installing a cable driver for C3-00

Advisor
Steven628

Problems on installing a cable driver for C3-00

Recently I bought a C3-00 and a data cable CA-101 (because the C3-00 package does not include the cable data). Then I download the Nokia connectivity cable driver software and install it in my laptop. It does installed, but as I connect my C3-00 with thw laptop and check Device Manager, it always appear with an exclamation mark. I try to uninstall, restart the computer and restart the phone, then install the driver again. The driver installed, but still has an exclamation mark. I check the Nokia connection manager, it said: The device cannot start (code 10)

What does it mean? I repeat the process 3 times, but it results the same.

My computer uses a Windows XP Home edition, version 2002, service pack 2.

I used to have a driver for my old 6280 model, but I have removed it before installing the new driver. I also have chosen type: USB on Nokia connection manager, as advised in the Nokia connectivity cable drivers manual. When previously I used my old 6280, the connection worked very good between the phone and the computer using CA-53 cable.

Please guide me how to do the installation successfully, so I can connect my C3-00 with my computer.

One more question, can a computer (a laptop) be installed with 2 cable drivers? For example the CA-101 for C3-00 and the CA-53 for 6280.

Please use plain text.
evilbob

Re: Problems on installing a cable driver for C3-00

Hi my name is Bob i am having exactly the same problem, as Steven, in the Email below, I have a Windows, Vista Buisness Computer, 5gb memory, Duel Hard drive,8710w, Compaq, HP and a new c3-00, and the correct USB cord, to atatch to computer.

When i do, it starts to install the driver software, then ask's me, do i want to search the net or preconfigured,  files, ive tried both nothing, Then it commes up put in disk that came with the device, there is no disk. It sais if no disk search web. Then it come's up failed, Waiting for user input, it will sync with bluetooth, and even go on the net ,but then it drop's out.

When i use the USB coard it sais at the bottom of OVI suite it's conected but when i click on the internet opsion, again it tels me i have no connection.

I have written to window's they tell me there is no driver.

Also i have rung your help line and spoke to three different Phillapeno woman, one asked me if i was in pain, and the other's, i could barely understand, it cost me $50, in phone credit, to repeat myself 100 or more time's.

I have tried everything and am at my wits end could you please help me.

When i rang they gave me a referance number 1/11558184040.

Your's sinserley Bob Ash, Also my service provider is Vodaphone.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
qustliumeng

so what happened to your laptop and your phone ? i say :nothing just  sonething wrong with your  Nokia_connecting_Cable_Driver.msi.

you said  you have unistalled the old pc suit  and used the pc suit cleaner,but it did't work .

first you have to delete the files of the old pc suit . then  download the 

latest Nokia_Flashing_Cable_Driver.msi  on the nokia web .

then downloaded the Nokia.Flashing.Cable.Driver.msi(you just search it on the internet ,it's small about 900kb)

what you should do next is just double clicking

the Nokia_connecting_Cable_Driver.msi(it's free)

and move  the Nokia_Flashing_Cable_Driver.msi into the 

path:C:\Users\liumeng\AppData\Local\Temp\is-PSEGR.tmp\Nokia_Flashing_Cable_Driver.msi.

here if the file named is-PSEGR does't exist ,just found a new one .

then during the process .a digusting window appeares. 

the key is to search the Nokia_Flashing_Cable_Driver.msi

then click ok .then the new Nokia_connecting_Cable_Driver.msi was installed in your laptop.

the finall thing you shoud do is :download a latest pc suit ,then started it (during the process of installing ,you should't keep the phone not connecting with the laptop ,or you will fail.):smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
qustliumeng

sorry ,the last words is incorrect ,so 

just not connecting .

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Danilo067

I bought a Nokia C3 USB cable type CA-101 computer can not find the softer it can you help me in this ... thanks

Please use plain text.