Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: SYNCH.NOKIA.IPROGRESS2

SYNCH.NOKIA.IPROGRESS2

I look around for a while, but I found nothing related to my problem... I'm trying to synchronize my 6680 with Office outlook XP 2002, using PC Suite 6.80.22 (english version) on Win XP Build 2600 SP2, and a USB cable connection. PC suite is healthy and connection to phone is ok; I can copy files, install applications and so on. When I start PC synch, the phone starts to send contacts, but when PC synch tries to show progress window I get a msgbox titled "SYNCH.NOKIA.IPROGRESS2" with message "Unable to load progress interface.". I've tried to use PC Suite cleaner 3.3 and reistall... same result. It seems some components from "Time Information Services Ltd." under [%PROGRAM_FILES%]\nokia\nokia pc suite 6\components\ is missing (This directory is NOT present at all on my PC). Are this components required? Are they required from previous version and I still have some old dll registered somewhere? May be I miss some pre-required software? Any idea or help very appreciated... Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi,

Could you try this:
1. Open this message /discussions/board/message?board.id=pcsuite&message.id=4814
and find message from os2lover and do this:
2. download that NclRegPermissions.zip
3. exract it to C:\ and run it (Start -> Run, type: C:\NclRegPermissions.exe /Errorlog
4. If it reports some permission problems, run it again with command: C:\NclRegPermissions.exe /Errorlog /Correct
5. Reinstall PC Suite.
Please use plain text.

I follow your istruction, found 'only' 346 permission problems and 3 missing registry keys, do a 'repair' install of PC Suite and ...

:smileysurprised: IT WORKS !!! :smileyvery-happy:

Smart guy, you make me happy.
I'd better post before and save effort...

Thank you very much.
Bye.
Please use plain text.
kdmcc500

Hi Miksu & Ravo,

I have been trying to fix this very same sync problem and have installed PC suite, run nokia cleaner, run cc_cleaner , re-installed etc etc, all to no avail.

I can't seem to find this 'NclRegPermissions.zip' file as the page that originally hosted the file is no longer available.

Do either of you have a copy of this file you can post up? Or would you know an alternative download location as I can't seem to find one anywhere?

This problem is most frustrating, I would appreciate your assistance.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ravo6680

You are lucky... I still had the file... but I've to rename it .log or I couldn't attach it.

Here it is.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
kdmcc500

Great, thanks so much Ravo.  I'll keep a copy if anyone else needs one.

Please use plain text.