Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Sync Problem For my nokia 5800 MTP Driver not ...

Advisor
BbErSeRkK

Re: Sync Problem For my nokia 5800 MTP Driver not installed

[ Edited ]

i have nokia 5800, v50 firmware, with this mtp driver issue.  

I could not sync my cwm wma drm files to my phone.

the mtp driver would install successfully if no memory card was inserted.

I could not downgrade to wmp10 without removing ovi music player  but after installing ovi music player, it re-installed the wmp11 files which caused the problem again.

I tried deleting the 10208913 folder, it did not fix the problem.

I had to format the memory card to fix it.

i compared the changed files after the format and as cyclone22 above suggested. these are the effected files/folders:

memory card\private

\101ffca9 - 
     harvesterdbv9_5.dat

harvesterDummy.dat

\10208913 -

mtpRefs.dat
\10281e17 -
     [101ffc31]mpxv2_5.db

[101ffc31]pcv6_1.db

[102830AB]thumbnail_v2.db

dummydb.dat

anyhow the format fixed my problem, maybe just deleting or backing up and restoring these folders/files may fix yours before having to format

Please use plain text.
cyclone22

cyclone22 wrote:

First move the private folder in your phone to computer using usb mode and connect phone via pc suite mode.

Then phone will connect to nokia pc suite.

Following that try to move your private folder back to your phone from computer and give the option to overwrite only the old files.(You can use teracopy software for that purpose).

It worked for me.

I think it is a problem with corrupted 101ffca9, 10281e17,and 10208913 folders.

Deleting these folders after backing up might fix the issue,but i didn't try it because the former method worked for me.

You can try deleting these 3 folders after backing up and replacing  without the files (thanks to ( BbErSeRkK)

101ffca9 

harvesterdbv9_5, 

MtpVideoDb, 

10281e17 

[101ffc31]pcv6_1, 

[101ffc31]mpxv2_5,

[102830AB]thumbnail_v2

and it might fix the issue without having to format.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Deleting this:

MtpVideoDb, 

Solved my problem

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
raram

[ Edited ]

@ tuis ted

man you are the best!!!!
thank you so much!
i have been going nuts about this in the last 2 hours
thanks a lot!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ddguy

This solution NO LONGER WORKS on V5.I tried deleting all three folders 101ffca9 , 10208913 , 10281e17 . They get recreated the moment my 5800 is connected in PC Suite and then when I try the media mode, it doesn't work as before (MTP balloon keeps popping).

This problem is driving me nuts as my 6GB music library is not getting recongnized by the Media Player in the phone and I need to re-download the songs from the PC, which of course I can't do unless the phone is in Media mode.....for the life of me I can't understand why can't Mass Storage mode be used for Ovi Player...arghhhhhh
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem as ddguy running v50.

I backed up the memory card and then formatted it. Connected to PC and the driver installed properly in PC Suite mode.

I then set about putting back the files/folders from my backup one by one - reconnecting to PC suite each time to make sure it worked as it should.

This way I was able to identify the problem and remove the offending folder (in the Garmin folder - see my previous post). Then the connection worked again as it should.

But, unfortunately there seems to be no predictable pattern to this. I have second 5800 also running v50 that connects properly in PC suite mode without having to remove the offending folder.

Regarding the phone not recognising the music, have you tried selecting the option "refresh library" from the music player? This should sort the problem of allowing the phone to recognise the music.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ddguy

Hey dim33, of course I tried refresh library. Nothing happens even if I leave it overnight....all songs are there on the card and yet the phone refuses to see them. This V5 upgrade has been a major PITA...my phone has become too slow also, if I turn it the screen takes 3-4 secs to rotate at times....!!!

I will try your trick (since I too have GARMIN on my 5800). Although the last time I did that (due to some other problem), I lost all my apps installed on card...they were all free downloads from Ovi store and now the OVI store doesn't let me redownload them anymore...they are just gone....:-(((
That's why I want to try format as a last resort
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

If you back up everything on your card you can always put it back and all your apps will appear again (assuming you don't format the phone).

I have found a small app called **bleep** Juice that has a specific release for the 5800. You will not find it in the Ovi store and will need to sign it to install it (ideally the phone should be hacked). It massively speeds up the kinetic scrolling and general responsiveness. This is off topic though.

I would be curious to know if the problem for you is also in the Garmin folder. I had this problem with a 16gb card but not with the 8gb card.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ddguy

[ Edited ]

Hey dim33...would you believe this !!!! last night I deleted the help folder from under the GARMIN folder and now the problem is gone !!!!! I don't **bleep** believe it...how can a bunch of harmless html files be such a PITA ??
I didn't even format the card and now the MTP problem is gone....transfered all my music from Ovi again....and now when I open music player, it STILL goes into endless "searching for music and podcast" loop but if I cancel i, I do see the music in there.....refersh library STILL doesn't work but new songs do appear under the library....wth??

Seems like all is still not well with my phone but massive thanks to you for the GARMIN tip...my head is still shaking in wonder though !!

PS: My GARMIN works without any apparent problem without the help files - they were a bunch of garbage anyway ....in so many languages that I don't need....wonder if I should have kept the EN subfolder there and tried, LOL :-)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Jolly good ddguy. That's one frustration out the way. It took me hours of trial and error to find the problem and I was, and still am, as perplexed as you are.

Regarding the music library problem, there is a dat file held on the card that contains the library. I have found this before but cannot remember 100% for sure where it is. I would try this location on your memory card:

private\101f8857\Cache\E

My suspicion is that the dat file for the music library may be corrupt. You could try backing up this folder and then deleting it from the card. Then try the library refresh to see if it rebuilds it properly. You can always replace the backup if you experience a problem.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ddguy

Hey Dim33.....your suggestion didn't work, neither did the one below (from another site)..in fact this made the phone unstable (it would just soft reboot when connected on USB cable in any mode except media transfer !!)...Finally got bugged up and decided to do the format afterall. Took backup of my card by PC suite (which is important I think, as a mass storage based backup will copy corrupt system files which can go back later defeating the purpose of format), format the card and restored the backup from PC suite....took a long time (nearly 3-4 brs as I had around 7 GB of music)....Got a scare afterwords as my Garmin was gone....had to reinstall it from the .sis file on the card...all seems fine now....library is refreshed.....slow speed is still a irritant though

Thanks for this interaction...it was nice of you

here is the solutions
1. Connect your 5800 to you PC in Mass Storage Mode
2. On your PC you will need to have allowed to “Show” hidden files, do this from Explorer/Tools/ Folder Options/ View and select “Show hidden files and Folder”
3. Open your SD memory card/Removable Disk in My Computer on PC
4. Go to E:\ Private there you will see 3 folders 101f8857, 101ffca9 and 10281e17 .
5. Go to Private\101f8857\Cache\E there you will see .dat files. Delete all the .dat file BUT NOT the E Folder. Shown above right
6. Now go to Private\101ffca9 there you will see another .dat file, Delete the dat file NOT the folder.
7. Finally go to Private\10281e17 There you should see 4 files 2 are Mp3 files other are Podcast files. Delete mpxv2_2.db & mpxv2_2.db-journal for Mp3 files list and Delete pcv6_1.db & pcv6_1.db-journal for Podcast files list. Shown above right
8. Close all windows and disconnect your Phone. Go to Music Library and it should automatically start a refresh.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
5800in2010

Thanks gnievas :smileyhappy:

Phone v 50 something (haven't checked in a while)

OS XP SP3, fully patched.

Fix:

Remove Nokia PC Suite

Run Nokia PC Suite Cleaner

Remove from my PC windows media player 11 and the MP 11 runtime (or whatever it was called)

Reboot PC

Install media player 10

Install Nokia PC Suite

All good so far.  Connected, it's put on the drivers and it's happy.

I've disconnected and re connected the phone as a Mass Storage Device, and that was okay.

---

May have typed too soon.

I tried reconnecting in PC Suite, pretty quickly after doing a safe hardware removal, and the phone has locked up.  I can see the shortcuts screen, but it's not responding to button presses, including forced power off via the power off button.

I might have to pop the battery and check it in a sec

---

I also tried deleting the one folder and the files from the 3 folders, but the problem just came back.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
5800in2010

After removing the battery and reinstalling it to my phone, it's all good now, without Media Player 11 :smileyhappy:

Thanks Gnievas :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
eacezar

Thanks ddguy,

I try many steps from another topics, but this not work for me.Then deleted help folder in garmin home and this works fine.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
otezernzolcszaz

Hello

I have a same problem.

I delete the specified folder,.

It not fixed the problem...

What need I exactly do?

Please use plain text.
javier5800

Erol excellent job..after reading this I realized I had installed a game just about were my problem started..Nothing else worked for me except unisntalling the game... thanks for sharing!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
etere1964

SOLVEEEDDDD !! Deleting the directory Help under Garmin for me has been succesful !!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

holla,thanks very much,thats help me,

delete the help directory in garmin folder.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
giga97

My 5800xm Black edition with firmware v50. do not have MTP Driver not installed problem until couples days before.

My solution:

1) Uninstall Nokia PC Suite 7.1.51.0, English

2) install back Nokia PC Suite 7.1.40.6, English

all return to normal situation.

Please use plain text.
Gastalver

Re: Sync Problem For my nokia 5800 MTP Driver not installed - SOLUTION

[ Edited ]

I have XP Professional SP3, Windows Media Player 11, Nokia PCSuite v.7.1.51.0 and Nokia 5800 with v.50.0.005 firmware.  I Installed Nokia Ovi Suite to test it. And it failed: didn't meet my expectations nor needs so I uninstalled it.

I tried all the supposed solutions to this annoying problem but any of them really works.

-Install the last version of phone firmware, Nokia Ovi Suite, Windows Media Player, and so on. Nothing Changes.

-Deleting the folder /private/10208913. -- It only works once. Next time you connect the problem persists.

-Downgrading Media Player to 10th version. Can't do that because the uninstalling files were deleted.

-Uninstalling Nokia Ovi Music Player. - Nothing changes.

-Formatting the phone Memory Card. Again, it works once.

I'm really disappointed with Nokia support for this issue.  If you browse the web you realize it is a very extended problem that affects and reduces very much the phone functionality.

Please, CHECK IT. Things like this makes me seriously consider changing of phone.

Please use plain text.