Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Sync Problem For my nokia 5800 MTP Driver not inst...

Registered Member

Re: Sync Problem For my nokia 5800 MTP Driver not installed

After you reformat the SD card, do the folders that were there previously get added back when syncing with Ovi software?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

You guus are great!  I have had the same problem for many months now and Nokia service in Hong Kong was unable to solve the problem for me.  It was very frustrating.  I took the same steps as you did, removed the SD card, connected the phone and wow, a successful connection - drivers loaded successfully.  I then reformatted the SD and I am now syncing my Itunes music with my phone.  Thank you very much for your help in solving this.  I just wish Nokia was more helpful
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Do you reformat the SD card from your phone or your PC?  How do you get the file strucutre back on the card?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

sorry guys tried all of the above and nothing works for me. still will not install MTP for my 5800. it works fine on the laptop running vista but not the pc running xp. giving up.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

install the latest version of nokia pc suite. you can connect the phone to your pc that way. i have downloaded music from nokia music to the pc then drag and drop to the phone in pc suite. a bit of stuffing around but it works for me. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.

Sorry about my english, but the solution is too simple.

Acess with Windows Explorer (can be with "PC Suite mode" or "pen drive mode") this two folders:

E:/private/

C:/private/

(sometimes dont have this two folders, just one.. no problem)

..and delete the folder "10208913".

Ok, restart ur cell and connect with "media mode".

Have Fun ;D

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

My problem with media transfer mode began with 5800 after 6 months, and I had installed an E71 to the partnership, because of solutions here and previous problems with memory cards and windows phones I tried a spare memory card in the 5800, media transfer driver loaded. So I put memory card into a micro-sd card reader, drag and dropped images folder and specific doc's to desktop, then formatted card. Replaced card in 5800 plugged in to media transfer mode with ovi player, icons appeared set to downloading music only.  then disconnected reconnected in pc mode went to file manager in pc suite drag and dropped folders I needed, disconnected opened several apps on phone particularly Maps, this took time to download what it needed. went to file manager in device and lo and behold all previous folders had reappeared as links to phone memory. Now  5800 and E71 happy to work with pc-suite, Ovi suite and Ovi player  
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thanks TuisTed!  That worked perfectly.
Please use plain text.

Re: Sync Problem For my nokia 5800 MTP Driver not installed - SOLUTION

It's not a Microsoft Seven problem but a 5800 problem and i got the solution!

How to proceed to fix the problem:

Plug your  phone using the Mass Storage mode, then open the folder "Private" and look for the folder "10208913" (which contains 2 files: MTP Refs.dat and MTP VideoDb.db)
Delete the folder.

Now simply unplug your phone and replug it sectioning PC-SUITE mode and now enjoy!!! =)

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Dear Nokia-Friends!

I successfully tried the method mentioned above by deleting the folder – thanks for the tips!

But this only worked for one connection… The next time I tried to connect via Nokia Music, no phone was found… and the problem started all over again.

I really hope NOKIA will provide us with a fix for this – all NOKIA PC s/w is useless as it works (or not works) today :smileyindifferent:.

Best Regards /JD

Message Edited by JoeyDoer on 29-Jan-2010 12:18 PM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks a lot friends! The 10208913 folder deletion trick worked for me too!

Yes, it is a Nokia bug: probably corrupted MTP db archive files on the phone. Microsoft from its side has nothing to do with it.

Please use plain text.
Peig

Thanks guys! Deleting folder 10208913 really solved the mtp device problem.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VinayAswal

thnx , worked for me

TuisTed wrote:

Sorry about my english, but the solution is too simple.

Acess with Windows Explorer (can be with "PC Suite mode" or "pen drive mode") this two folders:

E:/private/

C:/private/

(sometimes dont have this two folders, just one.. no problem)

..and delete the folder "10208913".

Ok, restart ur cell and connect with "media mode".

Have Fun ;D

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sureshhaaalmbi

[ Edited ]

Dear Friendsplease follow below mentioned instructions which useful for those who are not able to install the software.

1. Uninstall Nokia OVI Music from your PC.

2. Go to Start menu, There go to search option, Search "Nokia" or "OVI".

3. You will find some files are not deleted during Nokia OVI uninstall.

4. Select all file which is located in "C:drive and delete all files.'

5. Down load CC Cleaner and clear all temp. files. and registery keys.

6. Download fresh Nokia OVI music software from Nokia Music.

7. Install, and check. It will work.

This is happening because of Driver problem in PC. This problem happened for me and tried in my PC and i success in that. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Frankiee

t Re: Sync Problem For my nokia 5800 MTP Driver not installed - SOLUTION

that folder deletion worked for me as well, thanks!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mikedep333

Although I deleted that folder from my E: memory card, I cannot access C:\private. I cannot see it under any of the modes (mass storage does not work with  c:internal memory, PC suite mode doesn't show c:\private, and media transfer mode doesn't show c:\private either.)

I had to plug my 5800 into my WinXP computer to do this.

Thus I still have this problem; I cannot access my phone from windows 7.

I am running V31 firmware on my north american RM-428.

It appears that Nokia will publish north america RM-428 V40 firmware any day now (because nokiausa.com lists V40 as the latest firmware. Last time they listed V31 as the latest firmware, they published it a few days later.. Hopefully that will fix this.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MissT

Awesome solution TuisTed!

I've spent the last week trying to get the MTP drivers to install on my Vista Ultimate laptop so I can load music on my new X6.  Nothing worked until I deleted that folder from the E:\ drive (after connecting in Mass Storage mode)

The X6 has a built in 32G storage card so the option to remove it isn't there & Nokia Aus hadn't responded to my query in the stated 48hours.

I can now transfer my music to my phone :smileyvery-happy:

Many thanks, muchas gracias ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gnievas

1. Make sure your computers on windows media player 10 (mp11 **bleep** it up every time)
2. Put phone in mass storage mode (its in the settings/connectivity/usb section)
3. Plug in the usb cable and go to windows explorer
4. Navigate to the private folder on your phone and delete folder 10208913
5. Unplug usb cable
6. Turn off the phone
7. Plug the usb cable back in to the computer
8. Turn on the phone
9. Change back to pc suite mode in settings/connectivity/usb
10. Mtp will now load ok and everything should be tickety boo
11. If not shoot yourself after first throwing phone out of a high window cos nothings going to work!

Please use plain text.

can any one HELP  cant sync my msic to my 5800 in the ovi suite i have deleted the file 10208913 in the private folder  but still doesnt work   .... can any one help ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
apollony

thx its work :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.