Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

To all Mac owners: Nokia Media Transfer 1.0 beta i...

Re: To all Mac owners: Nokia Media Transfer 1.0 beta is available

Relieved at nokia media transfer - I have a problem though - how do I get it to transfer iTunes music onto the memory card and not the phone memory?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

To danielgrimes

Just curious. What phone are you using?
My music ends up on my memory card just fine
Also does the device browser in Nokia Media Transfer "see" the memory card?
Please use plain text.

Hi - N95 - I can only see the media card if I transfer via Bluetooth - If I do USB, device browser can only see the phone???
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

BUT - does it sync contacts and calendar, wich is the most important feature. I am interested in purchasing the new E90, but if it doesen't sync proper, I will rather waith for the oPhone, despites it's faults.

Please produce a sync-program for Nokia and Mac, and I will return to the communicator-series!

The best thing would be to even make the Nokia products sync online with Google Calendar and Google Mail/contacts, that would be awsome! One click in the calendar on the E90 while online, and the calendar would be syncronized and contacts - a dream come true!

T
Please use plain text.
Advisor

iSync does sync - http://www.nokia.com/mac for plug-ins, if required. It's built into Mac OS X - it's worth looking to see what's already on your system, Apple bundles all sorts of stuff with the OS.
I am a f1sh.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Just checked for updates and a new version (2596) is available - however no changelog so I don't know what's new.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Mac link problems

Greetings from the north of England. Currently having problems with the http:/europe.nokia.com/mac/mediatransfer link. I'm trying to download the app but once i've selected the appropriate phone (N95) nothing happens. I'm probably missing the glaringly obvious but I can't download it to my iBook G4. Does it matter that it's not intel-based? Or is there a problem with the link? Forgive me if I'm being a bit thick...

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Mac link problems

Me too
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Mac link problems

Please use plain text.

Too bad you can't upgrade system software or transfer (install) software to your phone with it.
I have tried parralels (for Nokia Data Suite) en VMware but none of them support bluetooth or usb connections.
Please use plain text.

Bonjour Ajak, Hi !

I Have been to page : http://europe.nokia.com/A4423135
to download the application that should help me connecting my Mac and my N95...
But I did not find the document ... Could it have disapeared ??? After selecting my Nokia model... nothing happened....
Nothing either under the FAQ ...

Can you send me an effective URL to be able to download it ???

Merci

Odile

Using : SAFARI &/or FIREFOX --- Mac OS X.4.10
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

Hi

i beleive ther may of been some maintanence going on today which was causing issues with access to certain pages, you can try again this evening. If there is still an issue I will investigate it

Regards
Ajak
Please use plain text.
Advisor

10-Jul-200706:28 PM
walberg wrote:
Too bad you can't upgrade system software or transfer (install) software to your phone with it.
I have tried parralels (for Nokia Data Suite) en VMware but none of them support bluetooth or usb connections.

Installing apps on a Symbian phone just means copying the .sis file to the phone and then opening it from the file manager. You don't really need a specially application installer at all.
I am a f1sh.
Please use plain text.

thats positive, so installing programms like profimail could be installed with the mac (nokia media transfer)

But how to backup contacts? and how could you upgrade the system software?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

11-Jul-200708:12 PM
walberg wrote:
thats positive, so installing programms like profimail could be installed with the mac (nokia media transfer)

But how to backup contacts? and how could you upgrade the system software?

You can't do a software update - that requires Windows. But you can use iSync to sync your contacts with Address Book, which creates an effective backup. iSync supports synching with a specific Address Book group, so you can use that to make a group just for your phone, if you don't want to mix your phone and computer contacts. (Although I'll never understand why some people do that - I want all my contacts on my phone, so I have everyone's details everywhere...)
I am a f1sh.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Couple things...

I got the iSync to work fine with my 6260. The Media Transfer apparently is compatible with the 6260.

The thing I am really more concerned with is when will there be a program available to manage SMS's etc on a mac? I have seen only 1 program available that can manage files on the phones and isnt compatible with the 6260. Super lame.

Any word on when we might get a PC Suite equivalent for the mac?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

will this ever be availible for my 6670??

What are my options? my mac does not have bluetooth..
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Nokia Media Transfer & Series 40 / 5300

It would be great to have the Nokia music phones supported in iTunes. I have my 5300 syncing via iSync. When will my 5300 be supported?

thanks
Please use plain text.

How do you do that, open the Nokia Media Transfer, i just pick up a sis file from any folder and put it in:

library > not working
data > not working i can see all files on the Nokia Media Transfer but not on the phone.

How do i put sis files to the phone and how mp3 and jpgs?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

i have all the relevant system requirements for this software but i can't get it to work properly. the application icon does not appear in the dock and double clicking it from my applications folder gets no reaction. when setting up the software it seemed to go ok and recognised my phone, but now nothing. i feel like tearing out my hair.
Please use plain text.