Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

To all Mac owners: Nokia Media Transfer 1.0 beta i...

Counsellor

Re: To all Mac owners: Nokia Media Transfer 1.0 beta is available

OK, then I don't know.

I used the info from that site to change the included N95 profile to allow syncing of .m4a files without re-encoding - works perfectly!

I'm very happy that NOKIA are making native Mac tools for my new phone.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

In response to my first report, I've found out that on .m4b files - if you change the file extension to .m4a the N95 music player til play them just fine (without he bookmarks of course).

If you leave it as .m4b the music player will not play them, but RealPlayer will.

I also found that most podcasts that offer .m4b files also offer a standard MP3 version to this problem is not so big.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

You don't need to use the icon to transfer music. If you sort your playlists out before connecting your phone, and then connect your phone, the music should transfer automatically.
You will get a notification when it finishes and the Nokia Media Transfer icon will stop flashing.

But you will need to you use the icon to trigger a fill up.

Hope that helps
Please use plain text.

Does anyone know if it is possible to synchronise a Nokia 9500 communicator with a MAC and if so what software I should use?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Now E70 is supported!! Thank you Nokia Folks!

This is an amazing Mac app. Works perfect for me!

Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to the official release!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
frani2001

Annoying how the E series is not supported as standard - I'll be trying the workaround when I get chance. Come on Nokia, Stange how you didn't feel the need to work on and release this app until the iPhone was launched, but if you seriously want to hold on to your mac users as customers then you'll have to do better than this, the OS is basically the same for the N series and E series so why not release it supporting all the models?
April 07 - just got an E65 - not too bad so far.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

The application need iPhoto 6.x
Do you have this version?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hi, when i tried nokia media transfer to import files from my N70, it didn't work. in iPhoto, it detected how many pictures and videos there are in my phone but when i import them, nothing happens. it says "importing" but no files are transferred. help, please! thanks!
Please use plain text.

Hi,

this is a very good news that you offer this Software for Mac users. :-)

I have try to use Nokia Media Transfer 1.0 for my Nokia N95 on PowerBook G4 1Ghz with Mac OS 10.4.9 but it application crash during Setup after detecting via Bluetooth the N95 when I click on "next" (The following devices compatible with Nokia Media Transfer have been found). A error message appears and says:
"Communication Error
Nokia Media Transfer Setup experienced a communications error when communicating with backend."

Then it offer to send the Problem (bug) Report but this is also not working.
I have de-installed and again reinstall but it didn't helped.

I know it is still a "beta" version so that's why I attached here the problem report for the developers because it is not possible not send it (it comes another error)
So may I can help with this report the developer to improve the software.

Cheers Federico

PS: N95 with iSync and Bluetooth file transfer works perfect with out any problem.
Please use plain text.

I have an N95 (HK version), meaning it will support chinese characters.

I have a vast collection of oriental pop music on itunes (some mp3, some apples lossless). They all have been tagged and have album artwork embedded in them.

This is what I have found so far:

1. mp3 files transferred over using NMT1.0 is fine on playing, and has all the artist and track names displayed properly, but no album art is dsiplayed. I have copied the tracks to a windows machine and WMP seems to be able to display the album art (so that confirms that the album art is embedded)

2. Apple lossless files are transcoded into AAC (mp4). No album art is embedded, and album, artist, and track names are lost. So, anything that is transcoded will leave in the "Unknown" section when browsing music.

3. I tried converting an apple lossless file in itunes, and then use NMT to transfer the music to my N95. Now, album art is displayed, but track ID is not regconised properly (they are in unicode format).

I would love Nokia to sort this out in later relases ... that will make this phone stand against the iphone ....
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Don't forget that you can browse your phone quite simply from a Mac with the Bluetooth "Browse Device" command, and use the "get" and "send" commands from within that neat little app to transfer stuff.

It will browse both phone and memory card.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I for one don't like the way images to n95 syncing is designed. I think it's poorly thought out and go against the changes Apple has made in iTunes. Specifically Apple decided long ago that iphoto was not the place to sync to devices. Whilst capturing from the n95 is correct you should not have drag ablums to the device folder. That's insane

Instead of doing it this way the way it should be done is that you should recognise the device just like the ipod in itunes and you should pick which albums from iphoto you want synced to the device. syncing images to the device should be done in the same way apple does it for the ipod. That's certainly the way it's going to work for the iPhone.
Please use plain text.

No support for the 8600 Luna at the mo though. Anyone got any suggestions for alternatives?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

8600 has no memory card, so your only option really is to use Bluetooth File Exchange and manually put whatever you want on the phone's internal memory.
I am a f1sh.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

sadly , there is no support for e90. I will wait for the next move.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Or you could use the techniques someone linked to earlier in the thread to adapt it for other handsets.

There's no official support for my E65, but that didn't stop me!
I am a f1sh.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

is there going to be a sms sync feature for Nokia Media Transfer? something like PC Suite?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi

I notice that there have been new profiles added by Nokia Media Transfer, including E90, E65, E70, E61i and E50
Haven't tried them as I use N73
Please use plain text.
Advisor

has anybody figured out a way to transfer songs along with their album art in iTunes? music transfers fine, but it's still missing the album art.
Please use plain text.