Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Transfer messages using PC Suite Content Copier ve...

Contributor

Transfer messages using PC Suite Content Copier version 4.0 from 6230i to N95

Hi guys,

I have transferred my contacts and text messages from my 6230i to my N95 using the following method.

Sychronized contacts to Outlook, sychronized to the new phone.

Backed up text messages from old phone, restored to new phone.

However it seems as though the messages are no longer "assigned" to the numbers, as all my text messages just appear from the numbers and not assigned to the contact names.

How do I fix this/what is the correct method to do this?

Cheers
Contributor

Re: Transfer messages using PC Suite Content Copier version 4.0 from 6230i to N95

anyone?
Mobile Guru
manta

Re: Transfer messages using PC Suite Content Copier version 4.0 from 6230i to N95

This is just my hunch, not proven fact:
The scenario you describe may end up being such that you cannot get the names assigned to the SMS's anymore, BUT you can try if this helps at all:
Connect phone to PC, open "messages" in PC Suite (it opens the Nokia Phone Browser), make sure you have "folders" view active in Windows Explorer and to this:

Scroll to phone icon in folders view, check phone folder, select "contacts" folder and allow PC Suite to read the phone contacts to the right hand side in your explorer view.

Now move to "messages" folder and let PC Suite read the messages to the right hand side. Are the names visible instead of numbers now ?

If not, you can still try this: click on "new message" icon and start writing a fresh SMS. Select "to" and wait until your contacts are visible i the selection list, select one contact ( you don't need to actually send an SMS, just close the window now)

Then go again to messages folder - inbox and allow the SMS messages to be read to the PC side. Any help ?

Assuming you are using the latest available PC Suite or course
Employee
sen_saran

Hi,

May i know your PC Suite Version please?

Regards,
Sen