Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

USB Device not recognized

Contributor
mikatechs

USB Device not recognized

Hello,

I'm having connection problems. I have Nokia N80 and using Windows XP Professional SP2. This is a first time I'm having problems on PC Suite, cos it worked yesterday but 2day my device is not recognized by PC. I'm not sure what happened and I tried almost everything but still no luck. I uninstalled every Nokia software and even cleaned the registry, than installed PC Suite again but still same problem occurs. If this helps, I'm using PC Suite 6.82 version which I downloaded yesterday. Also how can I get official Nokia e-mail support?

P.S. Since i'm not able to upload screenshots here, i have them available at: http://www.neotechsgroup.net/images/scrnshot1.gif
http://www.neotechsgroup.net/images/scrnshot2.gif

thanks
Please use plain text.
Employee

Re: USB Device not recognized

Have you try this:
1. Open Control Panel
2. Open Add or Remove Programs > select Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver > click "Click here for support information"
> Repair
3. Restart PC & connect your phone

If no help, try to connect that cable to different USB port in PC (do not use any hub and just in case remove other USB devices).

Also you can try to connect your phone & cable to different PC and check does it work in there (if not working then problem is in cable or phone)
Please use plain text.

If miksu's way didnt work try this:

1.Open Control Panel
2.Open Performance and Maintenance
3.Open System
4.Click on Hardware Tab
5.Open Device Manager
(By this time "Human Interface Devices" should be open and one of HID or USB should have a "Yellow Excamation Mark" on it)

If there is a "Yellow Mark" on one of the HID or USB:
6.Right click, Update driver
7.Click on "Install from list or specific location(Advanced)", Press Next
8.Click on "Dont search. I will choose the driver to install", Press Next
9.Under Model there should be atleast one driver to be click on(if not click on Show Compatible hardware if there is no check on it), Press Next
10.Wait for it to finish and this will say if it is Completed or Not.

[If it wasnt completed, take out the USB cord then place back in the same USB connection you toke it out from, Repeat Proccedure(If still says that it wasnt completed you may have removed a different USB cord or placed it in a different USB connection, Try different USB cord)]

If this did not work i am sorry for it.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi, I try to connect a brand new 7360 on USB and I get the same issue as described before. I tried the fix you proposed but it does not work. Strange as my E61 and my wife's 7373 get connected to the same system, but not the 7360. Can someone help?
Cheers
Christian
Please use plain text.
Employee

Hmmm...maybe your do not have correct cable. Check the phone manual what is needed cable type.

BTW: I think that 7360 needs CA-42 cable.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

BTW: I think that 7360 needs CA-42 cable.

Gosh, you're right, my wifes 7373 and my E61 share the same USB cable : CA-53 while the 7360 needs a CA-42.

A pitty that we need another cable, but thanks for your great feedback. i'll order one ;--)) Enjoy a good 2007 vintage.

Christian
Please use plain text.
Contributor

well ill say its wrong because i know that nokia 7360 use dku-2 cable. I have both and still having that error.

CA-42 and DKU-2

i am getting all the time same error. If i use nokia 8801 and motorola phone on my pc it works fine but nokia 7360 thru usb gave me error. I tried to reinstall and bunch of other things but it just doesnt work
Please use plain text.

Dear NOKIA TEAM,

PLEASE HELP US WITH THIS USB fault on our Nokia 7360, please....

I have installed and unistalled a lot of times, tried old nokia suite progms, tried old CA42 drivers...I don't know wath to do more?

Is there a problem with the 7360, because a lot of people is having the same problem.

PLEASE HELP.

Best regards.

Nock
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

Hi nock7360

I'm afraid the moderators cannot provide support ourselves. This is a user-to-user forum. We would advise contacting your local Nokia support team. Please use the link in my signature to find their details.

Thanks
Nokia Discussions

Useful Links:
Nokia Customer Support
Nokia Service Points
Please use plain text.
Contributor

damocles they told me to call ENGLAND and ask them for issues. so now i have to pay long distance do ask them. hey what the heck is wrong with my phone?

but at end there is no help. every1 says the same thing :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor

and for all uf you. If u wait to get support or something, then good luck. They dont know either.

Ill say to go to store or ebay and buy USB IrDa (Infrared) and problem solved and it is faster then wait for them to help you. I had 3 cables for nokia and CA42 doesnt recognize nothing. DKU-2 crach everything so get the Irda and all is good :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
power_user

probably those phones don't SUPPORT CA-42.

Use CA-53.

Cheers,
POWER_USER
"tEcHnOlOgY is LIFE"
Please use plain text.

Hey, I'm having exactly the same problem...I don't understand, the one day it was working and then yesterday it wasn't anymore, I've tried everything. It's so frustrating, and now I also can't go into my folders, photos etc. I’m going to try the repair on drivers, but otherwise, I've tried everything. Did you manage to fix it? Also, my N80 is freezing, it won't go into Gallery.
Please use plain text.
Sage
power_user

RESET your phone(make a back up first)

code: *#7370#

tell me what happens.

Cheers,
KATH
POWER_USER
"tEcHnOlOgY is LIFE"
Please use plain text.

Wait! Wait! Wait! If I do this, if I reset my phone, do you know what will happen? Will I loose everything? “Cause @ the moment I don’t have much to loose, it’s freezing on me the WHOLE time, I’m NOT impressed!
Please use plain text.

Hey, I think I figured it out! Try this, take out your memory card and try using your phone or connecting to PC. If this works, I think what could be the problem is, the memory card gets too full and the phone can’t operate. Which is nuts, ‘because mine still had 40 MB left on the memory, I had a lot of photos on, and I think MAYBE this could be the problem. Other phones don’t do this, but if we get ours solved, then I guess we just have to deal with it-lol. I backed my phone up on my PC and then trf on the photos by doing that and then cleaned it up and now its fine again. I’m not impressed, but I’m just glad it’s working again.
Please use plain text.
Sage
power_user

you are closing to the solution.

REMEMBER,
Making your MMC or Phone full of documents is NOT a good Idea.

If you still want to get many documents in your phone,
then,
Make many FOLDERs and keep few (8-10) documents in each Folder.

That will make your Phone normal BUT with full of documents.

Because a LARGER SEEK time makes your Phone SOOOOOOOOOO SLOW.

TRY this out,
Reply me,

CHEERS,
KATH
POWER_USER
"tEcHnOlOgY is LIFE"
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

when i want to connect to my mobile with dku5 cable to my pc it displays an error message usb Device not recognized
Please use plain text.
Sage
power_user

what phone you are using????

anyway,
there may be a lose connection betwwen the phone and the PC or the connectors may be dirty.

Try to CHECK THAT....

Cheers,
KATH.
(if you find me helpful, please RATE my posts by selecting the YES button bellow,thanks again)
POWER_USER
"tEcHnOlOgY is LIFE"
Please use plain text.

Make sure that you have selected the GENERAL profile on your phone. My N73 did exactly the same until i did that.
Please use plain text.