Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

USB Modem Driver not installed by PC Suite

Contributor

USB Modem Driver not installed by PC Suite

I use 6275 phone and connect it to PC (Win XP SP2) through CA53 cable. The latest PC suite installs correctly and connects to phone. However, the driver for USB Modem for my phone 6275 is not installed. While trying to manually install the modem using "Control Panel - Modem - Add" process, I find a list of Bluetooth version of Modems for several Nokia Phones (including 6275). However, I want to use USB Modem. How can i find driver file and install "Nokia 6275 USB Modem"?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
asem305

Re: USB Modem Driver not installed by PC Suite

the driver should be installed automatically for your cable type. how do you know it's not installed correctly, "i mean what is the connection problem you're having".

also, If you are using infrared for connection between Nokia PC Suite and your phone, the connection type need to be deselected so that you can use the connection type for the modem.
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I try to use "Connect to Internet" option of PC suite, and it replies "No Modem Found". Also the Modem in device manager (XP) does not show any modem installed. In addition, manual installation of modem through contol panel is not possible as no driver for CABLE modem is listed / installed. (only bluetooth versions are available)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
asem305

ok then, the first thing we are going to try is the following :
1- install the most recent Nokia PC Suite
2- uninstall Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver from Add or Remove programs in Control Panel
3- install the stand alond drivers from nokia:
http://europe.nokia.com/A4144937
4- restart your computer
and try again
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I instoalled pc suite restart the PC but could not able to instoled driver for my Nokia6275 CDMA.System detect the phone but could not get modem drivers.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aaakk12

oulRe: USB Modem Driver not installed by PC Suite

Could you please share configuration that how you got connected internet using nokia 6275?

Thanks in advance

AK

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
themiddlepath

Re: oulRe: USB Modem Driver not installed by PC Suite

I have an N95 8GB. I installed OVI suite on my fixed computer without any problems, but when I tried to do the same on my laptop it could not find the right software to complete the installation. I tried reinstalling the software from the original phone disc but it made no difference. The only way I can use it is with the old PC suite. How can I get the OVI to work on my laptop?

Please use plain text.