I have an E72 that uses isync to connect to my mac. Isync is working properly. When I sync, it puts my Mac address book contacts onto my E72 phone.
I confirmed that isync works because I can:
1)isync all my contacts to my E72, then
2) connect my E72 to my PC running Ovi suite, then
3) back up my E72 onto my PC
4) view all of my contacts in Ovi
5) so thus all the contacts came from my mac, onto my phone, then onto my pc.
So how do I find that information on my E72????? Help me, because it's simple, but I am missing something.
1) at the home screen
2) push down on the dedicated address book button
3) the screen changes to Contacts
4) the pull down at the top says Phone, and all my phone "name entries" show up.
5) when I go to Contacts or Groups (at the pull down), the lists are empty!!!!
What am I missing?
Nokia E72, latest isync (Apple Snow Leopard 10.6.8, latest isync driver / patch from Nokia, latest firmware software version 071.004, latest ovi suite 126.96.36.199). My brain is an older model, because I still don't understand why this is not working. :-(
Solved! Go to Solution.
One further proof that the contacts are on the phone:
1) I attached the E72 to my PC, running Ovi Suite
2) created a new group called All2 on my phone and then dragged all the contacts to the new group.
3) a sync occurred.
4) just to beat a dead horse again, I performed a second sync.
5) Ovi says the new group is on the phone. I still can't see it!!!
Do I need to log in first? It says "Contacts (signed out)" at the main screen.