Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Where to find Old versions of PC Suite?

Where to find Old versions of PC Suite?

I have accidentally deleted the installation (.msi) file for an old version of PC Suite, so the install of the new version 6.85 doesn't work as the uninstall fails.

The version I need to uninstall is

Nokia PC Suite:
Version 6.84.10.4
Language: English

I'd be grateful for any advice on where I could find the old install exe or a way of unsinstalling this without that.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Where to find Old versions of PC Suite?

6.84 is still available on this nokia website: http://www.nokia-caribbean.com/A4759172

If it fails to reinstall the you need to delete it's folder then remove all registry entries relating to it. You should then be able to install 6.85 which is much better.
Please use plain text.

Pyschomania,

thanks for your suggestion. Yes it did fail as I think this is for 6.84.10.3.

Would you be able to elaborate a bit further on deleting its folder then remove all registry entries relating to it?

(I know my way round regedit but want to be sure I delete the correct entries).

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Uninstall all nokia software.

Use regedit to search for "nokia" and delete any related reg keys. I do not know the exact name or location of the keys as I used the search function.

Go into my computer and look for the folder where pc suite was and delete any left over files. It's usually in C:\Program Files\Nokia.

Once this is done reboot and install 6.85 as it's better than 6.84.
Please use plain text.

Psychomania, cheers that worked although it took a little while as there was a lot of registry entries. Thank you
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Glad it worked out in the end!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
silversteel

Please use plain text.