Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Why PC Suite Doesn't support WiFi Connection?

krackeddude

Re: Why PC Suite Doesn't support WiFi Connection?

+1 really nokia we need wifi for ovi suite

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thanks for the info tmquangvn, but Nokia should be taking care of this and not forcing ordinary folk to seek relatively complex workarounds.

I'm amazed that with such stiff competition in the smart phone business Nokia hasn't implemented Wifi sync. There must be a pretty compelling technical reason not too, although I can't think what that might be.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
thesunlife

i want to share internet pc to nokia mobile, not from mobile

Please use plain text.

Yes this should have come some 2 years back.. ovi suite not suppoting wifi really seems like a joke.. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
chinmaya_beuria

Response from ovi suit developer betalabs
on release of 3.** beta

"Hi yougeswarp and chimaya.beuria, thanks for
your feedback. We try to improve Store feature
in future. Unfortunately, there's no plans to
support in Nokia Ovi Suite connections over
WLAN. --
Samuli"
betalabs.nokia.com/blog/2011/06/14/get-the-new-nokia-ovi-suite-for-windows#comment-76630
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
verzion32

If they keep on saying it is not needed I guess it is time to switch to android! hehehe!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

As one of the original posters to this thread what seems about 2 years ago... I just want to tell everyone that I have switched to Android because I am fed up with Nokia.

It is very clear that the Nokia Marketing and Development people are completely out of touch with what is happening in the world of technology.  I want auto syncing, I want WiFi file transfer, I want a smooth simple user interface, probably just like 99% of smartphone users, and you know what - I get all of that available, mostly free and always simple - with my new Android device.

Nokia - your hardware was OK but your attitude sucks!  GOODBYE...

Please use plain text.
TURNSKIN

so true....

planning to migrate to android as well!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

+1 (yet one more)

It should have been added long time ago, you loose customers for employing time in the wrong features, you are loosing market. This is a must soon or later. As you should have use 1 G processor on N8 and more RAM, please do not forget your horrible experience on the N97.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

+1 If nokia would add wifi support for pc suite, I would be happy. Being able to connect a nokia phone to a network would save me alot of time and effort.

Please use plain text.
tmquangvn

I suggested a workaround to connect phone -PC using htfs, mobile opera; why delete my post? Look what Samsung's done with their SKies. There sthings you must do to convince us using your phones and your sws supports
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Torquer84

+1 

I too need this! It is so much more convenient to connect to Ovi Suite over Wi-fi! PLS Nokia do something about it! 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
stalybetty

Dear Nokia!

Add 1 vote. We would really appreciate WLAN/Wifi-support for home synchronization.

This is also a request of most of our friends. Synchronization should happen automatically, without the need of user interaction, when both devices (home pc) and mobile device (nokia smart phone) can connect wirelessly. WLAN/Wifi is integrated into a common pc, however bluetooth is not. USB-connection is also integrated into a common pc, but requires user interaction with plugging cable, where cable connectors become broken with heavy usage.

Nice greetings, stalybetty

Please use plain text.
Advisor
alpha_beta

try here http://www.nokia-mobile-internet.com/?p=27 for wifi issue and use ovistore

xsound wrote:
As the subject tells, why PC Suite still doesn't support WiFi (WLAN) connection, only USB cable, Bluetooth and two ancient techniques? Wouldn't it be about time for Nokia to move PC Suite to this millenium?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hgvenom

By the way, did you make a research to know howmany people are interesting on pc suite wifi demand, you would be shocked. Connecting by bluetooth is good, but is slow and just very expensive laptops have them. Any netbook has wifi. A wifi connection can carry more information than bluetooth, plus third connection party works the same for every devise, is just information.  And there are new wifi technology being developed to make a direct connection without a router necessity. HOW YOU DARE TO SAY THERE ISN'T DEMAND?! Poor of you.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

+1 vote

also need it badly

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
FireCruZ

Bro i guess everybody wants it! and about the 3rd party router...well this IP connection is globally standard and defined by IEEE. and there is absolutely no issue giving such interface to pc suite! because If i dont want to carry cable for sync ... bluetooth is too slow to transfer 100s of pics captured at 12Mp .

SO i SUPPORT the poster and demand for wifi interface for nokia phones! please!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ivangrcevic89

I want it too. My laptop doesn't have bluetooth. It would be really useful.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dimrip

+me. I want this option too.

Just make our life easier.......

please

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Luca83

[ Edited ]

I too would really like to have this feature! It's some time I'm hoping for it and it's way too sad to see another os alredy using it! :crying: Always bought Nokia phones, I mean it, and wouldnt like to replace my N8!!!

Please use plain text.