Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Zune connection failure every time I try to upgrad...

Sage
roope70

Zune connection failure every time I try to upgrade

This page says that the Zune certificate is corrupted every time you change your Windows password. Is this really true?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-sync/connection-error-cant-connect-to-your-pho...

I only use Zune to upgrade my Lumia 900. I've done it 3 times, and every time I've had to delete the Zune certificate and delete the Crypto/RSA file listed in the second answer on that page before I've been able to connect with Zune. (I have a company PC with forced password changes.)

Doesn't Microsoft consider this a design flaw in Zune?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: Zune connection failure every time I try to upgrade

As Zune's days are strictly numbered since release of Windows Phone 8, I doubt that this issue is likely to attract rectification.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.