Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

alternative Nokia PC Suite

Counsellor

alternative Nokia PC Suite

Hi,

I look for a soft which allows me to see system files and to move/copy to my hard disk ?

thanks advance !

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: alternative Nokia PC Suite

hey please ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

There isn't one.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

It is possible to make that today ?
Please use plain text.
Professor
al_lea

You can check the document of PC Connectivity API to find if it's possible. If Nokia doesn't expose the API to access system files, it's not possible for 3rd party developer to dev a utility to do that.
What's the law of the jungle?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

hi, i download PC Connectivity API. i have 6260.

I used " File Browser " but he does not show me the folder system of memory card/phone

how to make ?

Message Edited by actarus on 23-Feb-2009 11:12 AM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

You don't/can't. The phone does not show any system files to PC Suite, or any application using PC Suite APIs.

Note that even an application running on the device (like Y-Browser) does not show system files on the phone, as it would require the application to have the, so called, "AllFiles" capability (Symbian operating system "privilege" for applications), and the application signing policy in effect does not give "AllFiles" to any file manager application.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I tried this method,

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=151457#post151457

but that works only for the memory phone. I also tried PC Mobile Drive, but my 6260 does not display ?

I am convinced that there is a means :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Professor
al_lea

It's better to ask in the developer forums to play with the details of system files.
What's the law of the jungle?
Please use plain text.