Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

cable modem driver for nokia 6080

cable modem driver for nokia 6080

I am not getting nokia 6080 ca-42 cable modem driver . if anyone have any idea then plz let me know
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

Re: cable modem driver for nokia 6080

If you download and install Nokia PC Suite 6.85.14.1 from www.nokia.com/pcsuite, you will get the ca-42 cable driver at the same go, it is included in PC Suite package.
Please use plain text.

no. it doesn,t help.phone gets connected to the pc. but when i try to connect to internet through pr suite, it shows no modem found. in the control panel, phone and modem settings, every modem given by nokia is bluetooth modem. i want nokia cable modem.
Plz help
Please use plain text.

I have the same problem and internet discussions are full of these questions, however no answered one.

So - my cable is working, cable driver is ok. I can successfully connect my 6080 to PC Suite (send SMS, download photos...). But there is no modem installed in windows, so when I click on connect to internet, I receive "No modem detected" message. If I try to install modem manually in control panel, I select Nokia manufacturer, and I see a list of cca 100 modems, but ALL of them are Bluetooth modems, no one cable modem.

Nokia Help line absolutely unable to help, even to understand my problem. They are still repeating, that all necessary drivers are included in PC suite, but they ARE NOT!
Please use plain text.
siraj2107

[ Edited ]

hello to all.... i have succesfully found a method to connect to internet by using 6080 cable here is the method: requirements: 1.cable conn. driver 2.pc suite

method:

1.install cable conn.driver & pc suite of any version /install the cd which will be available with cable

2.open pc suite and click on get connected button

3.u will b connected

4.verify the port on which ur phone is connected by clicking manage conn.>serial cable>configure.

5.after that deselect serial cable,usb,..etc. every thing in dat manage conn. box

6.u will see that "nokia 6080 disconnected via serial cable" at the bottom right.

7.now the important part:go to control panel-phone&modem-modem

8.delete all the modems first installed

9.click on add

10.select"dont detect my modem............."

11.select nokia and in that select"NOKIA3110CLASSIC BLUETOOTH MODEM"

12.install on the port on which your ph. is connected

13.now go to network conn. create new dial up conn. with phone no."*99***1#

14.if  you are facing any errors while dialing contact your service provider for settings in phone.

15.I am using AIRCEL ,so any1 who want aircel settings contact me

believe me guyz i am able to connect through this method.

i am sure you also will. any other problem please feel comfortable to contact me or post comments.

very soon i will get settings of other networks also

********************THANK YOU*********************

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

edit post

Personal details removed by a moderator. We kindly ask you not to share your personal contact details or your phone's IMEI number publicly on this forum."

Please use plain text.
pc_internet

I am using letest verson pcsuite downloded form net.

According to your (Siraj2107)steps, i have done all.Please note first connect by pcsute. then uncheck the the serial cable.

"nokia 6080 disconnected via serial cable" shown.

Now i have some problem time of dial after install the "NOKIA3110CLASSIC BLUETOOTH MODEM".

I am also using aircel connection. get two types of setting 1) PI & 2) aircel gprs.

now when i am going to connect, on click dial.

Computer dialog box shown "Regestring your Computer", "Connecting" ...etc

but then my mobile shwos

"subscribe to packet data first". and

"errer734" on computer.

Please give me the setting both setting

1) Computer-"ISP NAME", "PHONE NO(*99***1#)", "USER NAME", "PASS WORD"

2) NOKIA 6080- "Configaration setting" or other required setting in mobile.

Please use plain text.