Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

can't install nokia pc suite; 6300; driver problem

Contributor
banu_banu2

can't install nokia pc suite; 6300; driver problem

[ Edited ]

Phone: Nokia 6300

Nokia PC Suite: ver 7.1.60.0

Nokia OVI Suite: ver 3.0

connecting through miniUSB from Canon manufacturer (please, don't tell me that USB-to-miniUSB cables from different manufacturers are different  :smileyhappy:).

All the previous Nokia installations and programs have been deleted, also the registry has been cleaned up.

When trying to install  new version for Nokia PC Suite have gotten a message (tried several times - the result is the same):

"Can't remove the previous version of Nokia PC Suite.  Installiation aborted because of an error."

Though I can easily install Nokia OVI Suite (the same thing happens with Nokia Software Updater). But (!) when trying to connect the cell phone to PC I get a message: "There are problems trying to install driver." So may be the new driver doesn't fit with my 6300. But where can I get the older one, which would fit  well with newly versions of Nokia software? I even went to "Start->Control Panel->Hardware Installation" and tried to  install manually the cell phone. But the yellow "?" was near "Nokia 6300", and also got a massage "Please, reinstall drivers to this device".

Nokia PC Suite ver 6.83.14 and the Connectivity driver that had been installed previously worked well (with this Canon miniUSB cable).

How can I update software? And can I update cell phone's software using an old version of PC Suite?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
banu_banu2

Re: can't install nokia pc suite; 6300; driver problem

I installed the new Nokia PC Suite in the following way:

1. Uninstalled all the previous versions of Nokia software.

2.  Took a disk which came with phone (the old version).

3. Chose: "Install Nokia PC Suite" .

4. In the opened window (after some time of program's "thinking process") there was an inscription: "New version of PC Suite 7.1.40.0 available"; clicked OK. Though, the downloded version was not 7.1.40, but 7.1.60.0.

5. The program downloded the new version and installed it without any problems.

BUT after this I still have problems with connectivity of  Nokia 6300 to PC by USB cable.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yung

Re: can't install nokia pc suite; 6300; driver problem

why Nokia PC Suite ver 6.83.14 and
the Connectivity driver that
had been installed previously
worked well (with this Canon
miniUSB cable).
Please use plain text.