19-03-2011 21:03 - edited 19-03-2011 22:02
OS: Win XP SP3
Phone: Nokia 6300
Nokia PC Suite: ver 220.127.116.11
Nokia OVI Suite: ver 3.0
connecting through miniUSB from Canon manufacturer (please, don't tell me that USB-to-miniUSB cables from different manufacturers are different ).
All the previous Nokia installations and programs have been deleted, also the registry has been cleaned up.
When trying to install new version for Nokia PC Suite have gotten a message (tried several times - the result is the same):
"Can't remove the previous version of Nokia PC Suite. Installiation aborted because of an error."
Though I can easily install Nokia OVI Suite (the same thing happens with Nokia Software Updater). But (!) when trying to connect the cell phone to PC I get a message: "There are problems trying to install driver." So may be the new driver doesn't fit with my 6300. But where can I get the older one, which would fit well with newly versions of Nokia software? I even went to "Start->Control Panel->Hardware Installation" and tried to install manually the cell phone. But the yellow "?" was near "Nokia 6300", and also got a massage "Please, reinstall drivers to this device".
Nokia PC Suite ver 6.83.14 and the Connectivity driver that had been installed previously worked well (with this Canon miniUSB cable).
How can I update software? And can I update cell phone's software using an old version of PC Suite?
I installed the new Nokia PC Suite in the following way:
1. Uninstalled all the previous versions of Nokia software.
2. Took a disk which came with phone (the old version).
3. Chose: "Install Nokia PC Suite" .
4. In the opened window (after some time of program's "thinking process") there was an inscription: "New version of PC Suite 18.104.22.168 available"; clicked OK. Though, the downloded version was not 7.1.40, but 22.214.171.124.
5. The program downloded the new version and installed it without any problems.
BUT after this I still have problems with connectivity of Nokia 6300 to PC by USB cable.