Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: don't replace PC Suite with Ovi Suite

Advisor
Vojta98

don't replace PC Suite with Ovi Suite

...because Ovi Suite is one of worst apps I've ever used:smileymad:. If you won't support PC Suite, I'll buy another brand of phone. PC Suite is the best app for connecting my phone to computer I found, it only needs a Linux version.Ovi Suite crashes and it's sloooooooooow.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

have you tried to update the ovi suite to the latest version?
i use version 3.0.0.290. and it haven't crashed or slowed down.

nokia might discontinue pc suite one day, what are you going to do? throw away your phone and go buy another brand? it doenst make any sense.
Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

In fact, it does make perfect sense to go buy another brand if the one you have is not up to the task. Ovi does not even let you select a specific folder of contacts or calendar or notes to synch with.
Rimugunides O'Brian
Please use plain text.
Professor
cataholic

[ Edited ]

rimugu wrote:
In fact, it does make perfect sense to go buy another brand if the one you have is not up to the task.

I agree with that sentence, however, if one goes out and buys a phone (or in fact anything else) and it or its supporting software does not do the tasks you specifically want then the only person to blame is yourself for not checking first. So there is not much point complaining to others about ones own poorly made choice.

Please use plain text.
chr15_m

Well i do agree about crashes, and i have to uninstall bluetooth to stop crashing. Yet again it much too slooow... It's v3.0.0.284 and had removed :/
Please use plain text.