Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: isync plug-in for Nokia 808 Pureview

Registered Member
exus

Does the Plugin for Isync Vadim wrote work for you?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

exus wrote:

Does the Plugin for Isync Vadim wrote work for you?

In what respect, contacts or calendar?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TeemuP

But how to install this 808 plugin? I created folder library/Phone Plugins and moved files under there - then what?? Sorry for my handicap knowledge but I need step-by-step instructions :confused:

Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TeemuP

I have 808 PureView, OSX 10.8.2., iSync 3.1.2 (586.1). I just downloaded Nokia_808_Pureview.phoneplugin.zip package. Now I am stuck. Pls see the picture. Old phone was N8 (now this loved partner is missing and ALL the contacs are backed up in iMac)

Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

You need to have a folder whose name begins with "Nokia_" to place in the PhonePlugins folder. I can't tell what you have there from the picture you attached. Also, keep in mind that it is possible to export your contacts from the Mac's Address Book in a number of ways, including that which will allow you to import to Windows. I bring this up since as I understand it, there are problems with iSync and Mac OS 10.8 and contacts/iCloud as well as with the calendar.  I can't test this as I have 10.8 only as a virtual machine, and there is apparently a problem using bluetooth this way.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TeemuP

Thank you for information. There is one screen capture again. I can't see any dmg packages either...

Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

The Nokia_808... folder seems to be in the correct place. Does the 808 show up in the iSync window? (see message #22, above). If not, and you are using Bluetooth, you first have to pair the 808 with the Mac. [I have to leave now, but I will check this board later..Good luck!]
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TeemuP

F**k now it is visible, but not yet. Now there is netx problem :-(

[Nokia N8] The cable between the device and computer is disconnected.

Please check the phone cable.

Device “Nokia N8” synchronization failed.

I tried bluetooth too, pairing was ok, but 808 says that device is not supported

Please use plain text.
Advisor
V_ad_im

[ Edited ]

I am not sure, will it work on 10.8 or no, I has tested only bluetooth and 10.7 for now..

N8 sync failed, because iSync can't find it. you may to disable syncronization by unchecking. Or remove device in devices menu. For 808 it's needed to make "add device" from devices menu

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TeemuP

I removed old devices and then adding new device (=808) everything works smoothly via bt. Thanks to everybody!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
V_ad_im

For my not all work fine - if I write new event in phone calendar, then make sync with iSync, and I not see this event on Mac iCal..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
papasmurf

asperguy youre an angel!  sync with my mac and 808 worked! thanks again

Please use plain text.
droid001

The 808 isync plugin isn't working on my mac which is running SL 10.6.8. I'm unable to add the phone as a device in iSync either via USB or BT. I've pared the device previously and also got it to work with Multimedia Transfer. Is there anything I can change in the plugin for it to work in SL? I've managed to sync previous models like the C7, N8 and even a 2710.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

droid001 wrote:

The 808 isync plugin isn't working on my mac which is running SL 10.6.8. 

In case not clear from my screenshots I am using 808 plug-in with OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard so not sure why it doesn't work for you.

Please use plain text.
droid001

Yes, this is baffeling me as well. When trying to add the 808 as a device via BT or USB I get the message:

"This device is not supported by iSync"

…in the Add Device window.

I've got iSync 3.1.2 (586.1) as someone else was using. Then I've uninstalled it, reinstalled it, but to no avail. I'm wondering now if there's any plist or so which is sitting in the way of detecting the phone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@droid001

Gone back and re-visited this and you are correct that iSync does NOT perform correctly with this iSync plug-in but does enable Nokia Multimedia Transfer, which was the only function that I had needed and sorry for giving the impression that no issue previously!

Please use plain text.
droid001

Ok, but what was post #22 about? Looks like you're syncing there…

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

droid001 wrote:

Ok, but what was post #22 about? Looks like you're syncing there…

Just using Nokia Device Browser to access 808, if you look at "Sync devices" window 808 not shown as available device.

Please use plain text.
werdy

Can you upload/share your Nokia 808 isync plugin? (as the old link is not working)

Thank you!

http://www.werdy.hu
http://www.sidripalliance.com
Please use plain text.