Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

mac osx with nokia 6288

Contributor
jazzyb

mac osx with nokia 6288

thinking of getting this phone. BUT as per lots of discussions here I am concerned abt isnyc and bluetooth. All I want is to trnfr music to my phone. Apple has been frustrating enough but kept going. Still new to it.. HELP pls
Contributor
jazzyb

Re: mac osx with nokia 6288

is there no one out there to help me :-(
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi jazzyb

Unfortunately 6288 not supported for iSync

http://europe.nokia.com/mac/isync

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Contributor
jazzyb

thanks for info scoobyman...

hey guys

the 6288 is simply to run with isync.

just edit MetaClasses.plist in the package and duplicate 6280 to 6288. (/Applications/iSync.app/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePhoneConduit.syncdevice/Contents/PlugIns/PhoneModelsSync/Contents/Resources/MetaClasses.plist)

to be honest - I've just placed the text from 6280 replacing 6280 with 6288 (only left 6280.tiff).

6288 is small improvement only to that model and this method gets isync working. oryginal file was backup'ed for security, but - it's works. enjoy.

regards

Martin
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi Martin

Thanks for the workaround!

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Contributor
jazzyb

thanks martin,
you make it sound so easy. will try it on fone.
stick around I may n eed your help ha ha
Registered Member

Many Thanks!!

It worked!

But the pictures of the contacts in "agenda" do not apear in the phone. Is this normal?

Thanks again,
Xavi
Registered Member

Hi there Martin

as a technophobe I'm amazed I've got this far - I've just got a nokia 6288 and want to sync it to my mac. Have read your tip, but I can only to get to the metaclasses.plist when I'm using the "add" option under the "iSync Info" page. Can you please tell me how I get there so as to edit it to 6288? And do I still leave the 6280 copy there?

Would love to know....

cheers

Richard
Contributor

Cool Thread. Anybody ever had luck with a 6275i ?

hi - do i need to open a certain plist file in my mac to do this ? i just got my phone and i am keen to sync it up. any help you could offer would be appreciated - thanks -> Spence
Registered Member

Hi Martin,

I changed the MetaClasses.plist from 6280 to 6288 but isync still cannot see my phone. Do I have to set something on my phone?? Or something else I have overlooked??

Any help?
Counsellor

It's worth noting that iSync won't let you copy music on the phone. For that, just connect the phone up with the USB cable and use data transfer mode. Then it'll appear like a removable drive and you can just drag-and-drop music files onto it.

It should play MP3 and AAC files, including files imported through iTunes - but things bought from the iTunes Music Store won't work unless they're the new 'Plus' files with no DRM.
I am a f1sh.
Contributor

Ill give it a shot with the cable. But the thing id like to do is sync it for all my contacts and calendar. I dont care too much for music myself as I have a iPod for that.

You guys ever tried Phone Director ?

http://www.macmedia.sk/download.htm

I can see my contact and calendar through this software, so its a start. But its 40$CAN.
Registered Member

hi schmickey
did you ever get a response from your post? i just got a 6288 and am stressing about getting my contacts and calendar off my mac 0sx via isync as it is not supported.

i tried the metaclasses.plist suggestion but it didn't work and i got someone to help too.

i'm starting to regret getting this phone - it was a hassle to unlock it and now i cant get my numbers on it!

please help!
Registered Member

So how did you unlock the 6288?
Registered Member

You can also download music onto your phone using the bluetooth feature with your mac. I find this so handy.

1. Enable bluetooth on your phone
2. Search the phone with the bluetooth app on your mac
3. It will find the phone then give you a pass number
4. Enter that into your phone to pair the two
5. Open up bluetooth app on your mac (appears in the top menu bar on RHS)and choose browse device
6. You can then see all the files on your phone and upload more by clicking on the send button.

No software or downloads are needed. It just works.
Registered Member

Re. transfering music files, I tired just putting a USB cable in and copying on data transfer mode, but whenever I try to copy files over it just says it can't because each folder I try to copy to is "locked".

Is there something else I need to do? Like modify system files, crack something on the phone, sell my ******** mac and just buy a PC instead...?

When I connect the 6288 to my mac with the USB cable, the phone recognizes that it's connected, but the computer is completely oblivious... nothing comes up in Finder or on the desktop, so there's no way of transferring files.
Bluetooth looked more promising, because I can acces the phone from my mac through Bluetooth just fine, but whenever I try to transfer files in either direction, the transfer gets canceled when there are just a few bytes left to go, saying "Operation Failed: Bad Request" and the data just disappears. Any tips?
Registered Member

Man, If u were here right now I´d kiss ya!!!!!!! it works perfectly!!
tnx a mill!!!!!!!