Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

nokia c3-00 not detected by PC suite

Advisor

nokia c3-00 not detected by PC suite

Hi, I bought a new C3-00 mobile with a new data cable. I installed the latest PC suite and tried to connect the phone with my PC. however, the mobile is not detected. can someone help?
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Re: nokia c3-00 not detected by PC suite

Hi nebgeb,

Could you confirm that you are using Nokia PC suite and not Ovi suite? If this is the case, please download Ovi Suite (3.1.1.90).

Before connecting, please check that your computer is not behind a firewall or a anti-virus which will cause interuptions with connecting the phone to the PC. Also make sure the drivers have been installed properly or the phone will not be recognised by your PC.

Regards,

Wai

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
guiljo

Thanks for stating what should be obvious (company policy, certainly), but it clearly isn't that easy. I used several different versions of PC Suite and Ovi Suite, and the problem has always been the same: one day it works, one day it doesn't.

I used to use Ovi Suite as you recommend, but I quickly uninstalled it all when I realized how badly bugged it was, completely unusable.

Following advice on some forums, I reinstalled PC Suite instead, which worked more often for a while (at least I could use some of the functions), but today it doesn't.

Is there any reason why Nokia PC/Ovi Suite is most of the time unable to detect the phone, while Windows explorer has no problem seeing it and showing its file contents?
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

I have C3 00. The size of the mini USB port of C3 is bit larger in size. I have used many cables to fit the size. Sometimes it connects sometime it won't cause pin has no standard size.
I have to adjust the size of pin of data cable to get it connected.
It worked. It is hardware related.
Maybe not with your case.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------