Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: "Failed to establish a network connection" err...

Registered Member
neelk

"Failed to establish a network connection" error in Windows 7 using PC Site 7.1

Hi,

I'm using Nokia PC Suite 7.1 latest version...I'm getting "Failed to establish a network connection" error while connecting my N70 mobile using GPRS one touch access to internet in pc suite and I'm getting this error only for my Windows 7 OS on PC. However, I'm using same software as well as same handset in windows XP and everything works fine...I can access internet with no issue in XP.

I tried almost everything from my side in windows 7 OS (I have administrator rights)...uninstallation/installation PC Suite of multiple time....tey changing modem and network settings...also tried using access point name and extra initialization commands in settings.... (btw...I'm using idea cellular operator, Maharashtra in India).

It would be appreciated...If someone from Nokia technical department can help on this issue....also other users can provide inputs if someone fixed this issue...will be helpful for me....

Thanks & Regards,

Neel...

Please use plain text.
gohsaikit

Re: "Failed to establish a network connection" error in Windows 7 using PC Site 7.1

I'm having the same error message too.

When I first installed PC Suite 7.1 on my laptop running Windows XP SP3 it has no problem connecting to internet. But when I install the same PC Suite 7.1 on another 2 laptops one running XP SP3 another running Vista it doesn't work. All laptop have the latest Windows update. All tested with Nokia 5800 Xpress music.

I tried switching off and on phone, restarting Windows, repair, uninstall and re-installing PC Suite 7.1, uninstall and reinstalling all related drivers (Nokia connectivity cable driver, Nokia USB modem driver package, etc etc);

Tried with Ovi Suite 3.0 also failed. As soon as I click connect, it says 'Disconnected'. Wasted half a day on this issue. Sad.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
theo_stock

Re: "Failed to establish a network connection" error in Windows 7 using PC Site 7.1

Hi Guys, sadly I have the same problem for the last few weeks, so I can't get to Internet using my phone.. Neither USB nor Bluetooth in the PC Suite One Touch Access works any more.

None of the recommended manual configuration resolves this either.

No problem browsing the www from the phone directly, just not from the PC.

Something has definitely changed in the last few weeks, but what ? Might it be at the same time that I installed the latest version of PC Suite? I am on V 7.1.60.0

Anybody with some Ideas please - I really need this to work when I'm out of the office !?

Thanks Theo

Please use plain text.
Sumona_Kamal

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

Sadly I am also encountering the same problem here.

I'm using Nokia Suite latest version...I'm getting "Failed to establish a network connection" error while connecting my N8 mobile using GPRS one touch access to internet in Nokia suite and I'm getting this error only for my Windows 7 OS (64 bit) on PC. However, I'm using same software as well as same handset in windows XP and everything works fine.

I tried almost everything from my side in windows 7 OS (I have administrator rights)...uninstallation/installation PC Suite of multiple time....tey changing modem and network settings...also tried using access point name and extra initialization commands in settings.... (btw...I'm using Starhub cellular operator, Singapore).

It would be appreciated...If someone from Nokia technical department can help on this issue....also other users can provide inputs if someone fixed this issue...will be helpful for me....

I really need this option while i am out of my home / office network conectivity.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Moderator's note : Please, no personal details.  Read our guidelines.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Chestek

I am also have the same problem while using nokia C3 as explained by the above members any help would be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

@Chestek does this help?

If not, we need to double-check your APN. Therefore, which network operator do you use, in which country? Is it on contract (postpaid) or pay-as-you-go (prepaid)? Because you mention a Nokia C3, is that the Nokia C3-00 or Nokia C3-01?

Please use plain text.
Chestek

[ Edited ]

I am using Nokia C3-00 with windows 8 Pro,my service provider is Safaricom Kenya and my contract is pre-paid.Nothing seems to work

Moderator's note: We amended the title of this post as we moved it to the most appropriate board.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Nokia C3-00 » Menu » Connectivity » Mobile Data » Access Point » Edit Active Access Point » Mobile Data Access Point » What have you entered here: safaricom or web.safaricom.com?

Moderator's note: We amended the title of this post as we moved it to the most appropriate board.

Please use plain text.