Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

3120 Classic - no OVI apps available? What about ...

pwresq

3120 Classic - no OVI apps available? What about Adobe Acrobat?

Ok, I'm new but not entirely stupid (so I've been told).  My 3120 Classic tells me, courtesy of the OVI store, that apps do apply to the phone.  Yet, when attempting download after sending the link to the mobile phone, I get the same error message - - ovi does not work with the current model. 

I updated the Nokia software for my phone/model, still nothing.

I'm really interested in Adobe Acrobat as an app if that is indeed possible. 

I did do a search for "3120" and "Adobe" before launching this post.  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Re: 3120 Classic - no OVI apps available? What about Adobe Acrobat?

The apps you want are not available for your 3120c. There's support for java (jar) apps.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
pwresq

Thanks.  It's certainly retarded or at the very least misleading to imply that apps from the OVI store work with your model when you're on their website.  Very disturbing.  Fortunately, I use the phone for limited purposes when traveling overseas (I'm USA based) but it would be nice to have Acrobat pdf files to view on the 3120 since I'm able to link with my email. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Try this Java pdf reader.

http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/293149/

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.