Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 5530 WLAN Webpage loading Issue

SStewart

5530 WLAN Webpage loading Issue

Hi,

A problem started recently that has not occured before.

My phone can connect successfully to a WLAN point but when I try to access a page, whether new or from recently visited, it states it is "connecting via (wlan name)" but then cuts out and goes back to the previous menu.

Furthermore if I select "options" from the "Bookmarks" option that also takes me back to the "Internet" menu.

I have reset the factory settings, deleted the wlan access point and reloaded it, but to no avail.

All help gratefully received.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Clean out your browser privacy data and bookmarks on a regular basis.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
SStewart

Thanks but while this may be a solution the problem is that I can't open up the "Options" on the "Bookmarks" menu to clear out the privacy data as it just takes me straight back to the "Internet" menu.

If I connect to my pc how easy is it to find and delete this data?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

What happens if you open the browser-> options-> clear privacy data?

Please use plain text.
SStewart

I can't get that far as it takes me back to the previous menu when I select the web page I want to go to.

Sequence is -> Menu -> Internet -> Web -> Select Bookmark or Type Web Address

Once the WLAN has been selected the page tries to load but fails and I am returned to the "Internet" menu. This means that I am not in a position to access the "clear privacy data" option.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

I think it's about time to hard reset your device.Dial *#7370# 12345 reformat, you'll lose all data. Make a backup first and restore without the settings.

Please use plain text.
SStewart

Seemed a bit drastic but it worked all but for one small, minor, thing.

When I go to log onto the internet and web I'm not getting the option of connecting via the WLAN even though the modem is switched on, all that happens is that it goes straight on to my mobile networks WAP service.

The WLAN can be seen and connected to using the Settings / Connectivity / Wireless LAN option but it would be good to be able to connect as before via the Internet / Web / Recently Visited Pages option.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Well, now that you can open your browser set your accesspoint to "always ask" or your WLAN.

Please use plain text.