Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Active diverts

Counsellor

Active diverts

[ Edited ]
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of" Note:active diverts" on my N70
I have not got ANY diverts at all not even voicemail set up.

Message Edited by taxipaul on 25-Oct-2006
10:53 AM

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
emmessem

Re: Active diverts

This id due to the MISSED CALL ALERT (network feature)
Call up your operator and ask them to deactivate the MISSED CALL ALERT feature and you will get off that message on screen... Cheers!
Please use plain text.

Hi,

i had the same problem which was so irritating all the time. I got rid of the same on my Nokia e51. This alert comes because of voice mail box facility if it is activated. Just call up the customer care and disable the voice mail box service. Zooopppp. it disappears. This is not linked to missed call alert service.

You are now free from this irritating message. enjoy.

Chinmaya
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I do not want to disable my "MISSED CALL ALERT" but "Note:active diverts" message. Please Nokia provide a way to disable this stupid message. I know there is active diverts, I am cool with it; I do not want to see this message everytime I call someone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
no1_slumko

Honestly! is this really necessary?? That alert stays up for a couple of seconds and disappears. I don't see how it could interfere with anything. It's gone by the time your phone has even connected to your own network let alone when the network actually puts your call through.

Check your call options and cancel all diverts then ask your network to activate the diverts manually, That could sort it out 

Show your appreciation. Hit that kudos button real hard
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

no1_slumko wrote:

Honestly! is this really necessary??

It is, when you have a touch screen phone and the bloody alert hide the speakerphone option just when you need it..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
iwonbigbro

I have to agree, the warning message is modal and obscures any buttons on the screen for at least 5 seconds.  It's just irritating and totally unnecessary.  People set up diverts with the intention on diverting calls when they are unavailable, usually to a mailbox number.  So if this is how I have my network configured, why do I need to be reminded of it every time I make a call.

If warning is necessary, warn about it once and provide the user with the option of ignoring future warnings about diverts like normal interfaces do.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
podgeandrodge

any fix on this yet - driving me mad when I make a call and need to access the handsfree button but it is hidden by this damned notification...

And what is the point of contacting my service provider and asking them to get rid of voicemail divert as someone suggested?  I WANT voicemail divert if I'm on the phone - I just don't want to be reminded of it EVERY BLOODY DAY!!!

Surely this idiotic message can be got rid of?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hyperwind

It is indeed an absolutely retarded Symbian 'feature'. It pops up every freaking time blocking 'Activate loudpeaker' screen button.

They could as well place some funny bunny pic fullscreen this moment - it would be really no more moronic than that)))

Type in 'active diverts Nokia' in Google - and anyone may see the problem is really full-on. And it is perstistent along all the firmware updates there's been.

That's why Nokia fades to oblivion. 

Please use plain text.
IHateSymbian

[ Edited ]

Reposted after someone deleted it.  I guess they'll delete my account.  Oh well - this only confirms my dislike of Nokia

Yes - this objection IS necessary - when (because this cursed phone is so slow) I select the wrong person to call, I want to be able to hang up before I connect and their phone rings. But no, this moronic phone insists it is more important to remind me about active diverts.  Just in case I've forgotten the previous 1000 reminders.  Then while its ringing, it hangs up, and I get someone I don't want to talk to calling me because they got a missed call.   Grrrr !

And whats with the patronising reminder to turn off my charger?  I absolutely hate Nokia for their chronic Symbian fail.  Goodbye and good riddance.

Its definitely time for me to upgrade, and this is definitely the last time I buy Nokia - I've had 3 so far.

IHateSymbian

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Can't understand the logic that it reminds of Active diverst when you call someone ..!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jeoleo7

dial #21# and call!
Please use plain text.