Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Adobe Reader 'Basic' and LE 2.5

Counsellor
anupkv

Adobe Reader 'Basic' and LE 2.5

Hi

I updated to Symbian Anna and looks like some effort has gone into the Adobe Reader, it's noticeably faster for a file that is 20 mb in size. And it reformats quicky and I can use the multi-touch to zoom. Still no full-screen though which sucks major! I don't know why.

Anyways - I got this email saying I could upgrade to LE 2.5, for $10. What do you guys think ? Is it worth? I have a lot of IEEE only issues to read during my commute so I need the full screen feature (don't think LE has it though) but if the perf is better I could take it.

I don't really know if the LE 2.5 is the new one.... When I tried the trial version a few months back I saw that the C7 had come with the "Latest" while the website was selling the older one....

Thanks

Anup

Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

Re: Adobe Reader 'Basic' and LE 2.5

[ Edited ]

The biggest advantage of 2.5 over the built-in reader is the word-wrap feature. Without word wrap (which re-flows the text to fit the screen size), trying to read on a small screen generally means constant horizontal scrolling. If the built-in reader on your phone includes word-wrap (is that what you mean by "reformat"?), then there probably isn't much of a reason to upgrade.

Except:  My version of AR LE 2.5 (v2.05.195) does include a full-screen option.

Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

One question, do any of you know if the LE 2.5 can do basic pdf editing?
Symbian connected me to the world, to my dreams.. Thank-you Nokia
Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

Not the version I have (v2.05.195). It is exclusively a reader.
Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

Thanks Kurt
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anupkv

Re: Adobe Reader 'Basic' and LE 2.5 - ALERT

Hi

All folks on Symbian Anna - Do not download and update since it doesnt work... thats $10 down the drain for me cuz there ain't no support from the Vendor.....

Thanks

Anup

Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

If you're referring to the QuickOffice publishers, do write to them and explain; they really should refund your money UNLESS their website explicitly states that AR LE 2.5 does not run on Symbian Anna!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anupkv

Yeah doing that.... There is no mention of any Firmware Version.... Looks like its a miss from their end. It seems their "Developers" are going to work on it... As a "developer" myself I know what that means :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

Got Symbian Anna yesterday, have to just give a heads-up to the awesome improvement in the Adobe Reader - read pinch zoom - and huge plus, full screen viewer.
Please use plain text.
Sage
optiplex330

The default pdf viewer on my N8 Anna is super unresponsive. Any way to uninstall and reinstall it?

Please use plain text.
zorrokettu

I have to disagree. The reader in Anna works great if you have a 2 page PDF file. If it happes to be 250 pages it takes ages just to scroll down the page. Completely worthless to try to use. Is this due to reader, Anna, or just a slow processor. Anyway, not a very "high end" user experience.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

anupkv wrote:

Looks like its a miss from their end. It seems their "Developers" are going to work on it... As a "developer" myself I know what that means :smileyvery-happy:

I recently had a similar email exchange with the QuickOffice folks...but concerning Adobe Reader for the E72/E73!  I cannot begin to imagine how much money this company has lost by not keeping up with Nokia's line of phones.  If they are still without full versions for phones released 2 years ago, I don't know when or if they will ever catch up.  It redefines the phrase "asleep at the wheel". :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

I gather/read quite a lot of bulky .pdf docs, I should add that the Adobe Reader included in the Anna update was - is - quite impressive. I'm quite easily reading a ~13MB, 308-page .pdf. Noticing very little-to-no CPU struggle. Much more difficult on the pre-Anna reader, and hardware limitations make it impossible on the E90. Props to Nokia & the Symbian team.
Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

FWIW, Adobe Reader LE 2.5 opens, scrolls, searches even large pdf files without problems on an n79 (i.e. slow).
Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

It works... Doesn't look like it's available for S60v3 on Nokia Store (it is on the developer's page). It's a pity with Nokia Store - and Ovi before it -- so many apps missing, this Adobe Reader, irRemote -- so much lost sales potential..
Please use plain text.
Durgeshkhairnar

Dear sir, I could upgrade to LE 2.5, for $10.

Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

It appears that an official source for the Adobe Reader LE 2.5 (for s60 v3 fp2 phones such as E72, N79 and E5) no longer exists. The chief difference between the built-in version of Adobe Reader on Nokia phones and v LE 2.5 is the ability to reflow text to fit the screen size, without which the Reader is all but useless for anything beyond a couple of paragraphs. I was fortunate to obtain the LE 2.5 version when it was still being sold, and its registration is linked to my phone's IMEI.  A Google search for "Adobe Reader LE v2.5" came up with, among many other things, links to a file named "Adobe.Reader.LE.v2.5.195.S60v3" on a few sites; you could investigate these and see whether they are legit. Otherwise, since Google now owns QuickOffice (which used to distribute Adobe Reader for Symbian), I would not expect any further availability.

Please use plain text.