Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: All App installs fail. "Unable to Install" Hee...

Advisor
Zeronanoseconds

All App installs fail. "Unable to Install" Heeeelp!

I am using a N8 using Anna.

I downloaded the Store App from the Betalabs a couple of months ago... worked fine until I tried to download the Asphalt 5 which failed to install. AFter that all the install result in "Unable to Install" after the Preparing Installation and clicking OK.

I think there is some directory or something with some temporary files I need to clear, could someone let me know what I need to do?

I have 4GB free...

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Re: All App installs fail. "Unable to Install" Heeeelp!

Hey Zeronanoseconds, sorry you are having this issue.

Tthe following java_symbian_anna_fix2.sis file should fix the issue:

http://dl.nokia.com/sdo/java_symbian_anna_fix2.sis .

Let me know if it solves your issue or not :smileyhappy:

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Zeronanoseconds

That SIS file as well as all other SIS files whether from the store or web browser do not install. Or even if I load them from the memory card using the file manager.

What do you suggest next?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Is it unable to install all apps or just games?

Please try performing a hard reset using the *#7370# security code 12345 by default, but remember to create a backup of your device using Nokia Suite first.

Let me know how it goes :smileyhappy:

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Zeronanoseconds

Any program, game app or what ever... nothing installs....

Do a master resert...? You have to be kidding me....

I have to install the Suite on my PC or can I just use the backup flash tool and then recover?

Seriously I am very close of  giving up on this N8 just after 3 months.... I've never ever done a master reset on any other Symbian phone....

So how about you guys get some tools that do diagnostis and clean up the phone. HOw about you put mechanisms to let users report that status of the phone with tool that would do the same as "Hackthis".... THen have about having a repair tool that buyilds index of message store, cleans up the installtions folders. Performas checkdsk on the FAT tabls etc.....

This stupid falwed game of cat and mouse that we play on this forum is stupid and you will never solve the problems on these phones, you will just **bleep** us off to the point we NEVER EVER touch your products again.... You dont have a propper support methodology

Please use plain text.
Sage
Doctor9fan

Are you installing the apps one-by-one or choosing to download & install one after the other? I've found that with some apps that unless you download & install one at a time they give the error message; for me Angry Birds is one such app.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Sage
optiplex330

On my N8 Belle, some apps will install but not others. I tried Soft reset and Hard reset but problem still exist. Then I deleted off Nokia Smart Installer under Setting/Installations/Already installed/ does the trick.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Zeronanoseconds

my phone does not have that installed.

I am still screwed.

Please use plain text.