Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Application manager>Installed apps. not access...

Counsellor
vanko11595

Application manager>Installed apps. not accessible. why?

as topic says i can't access my installed apps under application manager. this happens on three symbian v5 phones after the installation of more than 20-30 applications so it is a common symbian problem imo. could you suggest  any fix because it is too important feature. i can't uninstall some applications. moreover i can't find any third party application for this. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

Re: Application manager>Installed apps. not accessible. why?

I haven't faced such issue with app manager.
You can uninstall a particular app this way:smileysurprised:pen main menu >locate the folder where the app is(mostly in installed apps under applications if you haven't changed any)>options >organise >tap on the app to be uninstalled once>options >remove >app xx and associated contents will be removed from phone, continue>yes.
Hope this helps.
Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

Also there's an 3rd party app called "batch uninstaller". You can use it to uninstall apps in group.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

This happens due to insufficient free memory.. Sometimes a simple re-boot may solve the issue..

..or by un-installing a few application ( as suggest by Roshanrims) you will be able to access it again..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vanko11595

seems that nobody can't understand what i mean:

@Roshanrims your tip don't work for particular apps or addons to apps as you may now (some apps are not listed at applications or others menus). "batch uninstaller" works only for some apps.

@farby i also have i8910 with 100+ mb of free ram and  it has the same issue. yes uninstalling helps but when i go over 20-30 apps this happens again. what is the point to have a few apps installed on my phone to work properly?

@all try to install over 20-30 apps and you wiil see:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vanko11595

[ Edited ]

everybody is welcome to suggest to nokia scrap a fix to their epic failed symbian os. in that way they could get their christmas bonuses.

edit: i really can't understand why s.b. from well paid employees of  nokia **bleep** could not sugest a fix to such an ordinary problem. gl nokia and happy new year as second largest mobile phones producer.

edit2: right now my nokia x6 totally blocked without a reason i was about 1 or 2 hour in skype and facebook and lose wlan for a moment. the next moment i can't exit them and bum . full blockage. the only fix is to pull out the battery. ok it will fix the problem but i am thinking what will happen if have the newest **bleep** device n8? i must use a screwdriver. lol. total **bleep**. never ever buy nokia:smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
steve_p

A very common issue with the X6. There are many posts on this subject in the X series section of the forum.

Try a 3rd party app called:

Uninstall King (http://www.symbian-freeware.com/download-uninstall-king.html)

I find it great for replacing the non functioning system application manager.

The only function I miss is the ability to disable the 'on screen keypad' for non-touch based applications which can only be accessed via the application manager.

S.

History: Motorola MR30, Nokia: 7110, 7650, N70, N80, N82, X6 (32GB), Samsung Galaxy SII

Current: Samsung Galaxy Note3 Black

Please use plain text.
Professor
romperompe

The problem may be with your memory card.
I have 100+ apps and all show in the app manager.
Im using a kingston 8gb.
IF YOU FIND POSTS HELPFUL HIT THE BIG GREEN BOX TO THE LEFT WITH THE WHITE STAR IN IT THANKS
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
steve_p

romperompe wrote:
The problem may be with your memory card.
I have 100+ apps and all show in the app manager.
Im using a kingston 8gb.

Good advice for phones with memory cards which can be swapped out. Unfortunately the X6 has a fixed drive for mass memory and no slots for additional memory cards.

S.

History: Motorola MR30, Nokia: 7110, 7650, N70, N80, N82, X6 (32GB), Samsung Galaxy SII

Current: Samsung Galaxy Note3 Black

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vanko11595

[ Edited ]

@steve_p thanx dude i will try it asap :smileyhappy:
@romperompe i use kingston 8gb on my i8910(dunno what class is it) but the point is that i got the same issue with x6? how do you manage to access to installed apps?
@all thanx for reply still waiting for s.o from well paid nokia/symbian EMPLOYEES to answer to my question :smileytongue:

edit: star for steve_p for the program:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.