Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Apps requesting I pay to download again after ...

Sage
GeminiPhoenix

Apps requesting I pay to download again after resetting N8 to factory default

I have just had to reset my Nokia N8 to factory defaults, but have found that I have lost all of my apps and games. I have been working my way through my Ovi Store purchase history, but some premium apps are requesting that I have to pay again to re-download these apps, despite already paying for them before

What is the protocol regarding such items? Do I have to contact each app developer individually to attempt to waive the purchase fee? Or is here a simpler way around this?

I would have thought that items listed in my purchase history would be free to download again and again after every factory reset, but apparently not... I really don't want to have to pay out for these apps a second time, as the reason why I had to perform the reset was not my fault!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
heynow

Re: Apps requesting I pay to download again after resetting N8 to factory default

I, too, am having similar problem with my E71 - I even paid again to download one app that I really wanted but for some reason cannot download it to my phone. AND, my purchase history is EMPTY! Not even 15 mins ago when I checked, all my previously purchased/downloaded apps were in there (but still would not let me download again). Now, everything is gone. Very Frustrating!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Re: Apps requesting I pay to download again after resetting N8 to factory default

Go to the Ovi store on the web, look in support, and contact us, send a message describing your issue and you will be sent an email with a link and code to re-download your app.

http://support.ovi.com/osc/en_GB/contactus

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
GeminiPhoenix

I thought the whole point of having a purchase history was to keep track of the apps which you had previously downloaded, so if the worst came to the worst you wouldn't have to pay to downoad them again!

Luckily, Nokia have a promotion on right now where most of the games are free. Some of them, such as Angry Birds and most of the EA / Ubisoft / Konami ones, I had already paid for, but I would be especially peeved if I had to pay to download them all over again!

Several other apps, such as Astroller and LED-IT I have lost, due to being asked to pay again. I refuse to pay for something which I have already paid for, and lost through no fault of my own! It was Nokia's fault that I had to reformat my N8 handset, and I should be able to redownload everything I previously had

Please use plain text.
Sage
GeminiPhoenix

Thanks! That's very useful!

However, it's the principal of the matter, and I shouldn't have to make that extra effort in order to regain what I once had. These apps should be free to download from my regstered Ovi account. My account didn't even show some of the apps I had previously downloaded, and if it wasn't for writing them all down on paper before I did the reformat, I wouldn't even know what was missing!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ToKiMonkey

I had the same issue. I had to contact Nokia support around 5 times before they replied and then they sms'd me the link to install the apps again. But I do Agree, it is a pain in the back side considering it shows the apps in your purchase history.

Please use plain text.