Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Belle calendar widget

Registered Member
stampert

I live in the Netherlands. Did you notice that I don't have an N8, but an E6? I do not know which calendar widget version is delivered with the Dutch N8 Belle version.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Iouvis

Anyone from Nokia interested in explaining such thing to their customers?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
meegja

[ Edited ]

Here also from the Netherlands but got that **bleep** 1 line calendar widget on my C6-01 phone.

Edit: ha, I got censored :smileytongue: But wasn't even a really bad word ... c r a p p y was wat it said :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Iouvis

Incredible.

Three things:

1. This picture is from this site. No words.

2. In the pic we can see an E7 with the one line calendar. Never worked on it? I also have a N8 and has the same useless one line calendar too.

So why doesn't work or appear or whatever?

Are there two calendars and we are missing the big one for some reason or what?

3. Anybody from Nokia in this site is going to explain what is going on?

Nokia, you know this is happening, it happened to you, see your own Belle add in this site.

We want an explanation and a fix.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jhari

The only thing that was pretty good, is gone. It needs to be fixed!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
meegja

The weird thing is, is that the calendar widget (and other widgets) were working like in Anna when Belle was in beta stage. You can find pictures and descriptions of that all over the net.

Yet in the final release they made crippled version of those widgets?

I am really heading towards the option to hack the phone and then use the just fine working widgets from the Beta package so I can use my phone as a normal functioning piece or hardware.

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

Bring this back to US>....... yu evil NOKIA. :smileytongue:

One of the most useful widgets.... you take out! STUPID!

candido wrote:

That widget is called the Calendar-Agenda. I individually installed it and it works well with the final release of Belle.

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

But this is not NICE LOOKING ONE.... =(

Hire the Nokia Designer for the Calendar/Agenda Widget

BassemN8 wrote:
Hi all,
I've been using ComingNext for a long time. It is an essential widget for me.
->Works perfectly on belle
->Allows for a maximum of 3 widgets.
->Fully customizable!

The link tripston provided downloads 1 widget:
http://store.ovi.com/content/61774

If you want all 3, go to:
http://comingnext.sourceforge.net/

It is not as "fancy/bloated" as the Nokia calendar widget louvis showed, but I personally prefer minimalist and customizable.
Enjoy! =)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
knuta

[ Edited ]

the coming next nokia calendar (or the only seem to be useful one at belle) does NOT display all of my calendar listings at all, something to do with a whole day set appoin. or something.. and so does the standard nokia calendar app. any one else have the same problem??

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

Coming next is ugly!

tripston wrote:

If you can't wait for the Belle calendar widget to be improved you could try Coming Next. I'm going to give it a go.

http://store.ovi.com/content/61774

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
meegja

Have to agree: I tried Coming Next and although it has many features, I find it ugly looking and hard to operate because of the many features. Also not that good working somehow on my C6-01. Trying to alter the default texts is giving weird results.

No, Nokia just has to make the default agenda a good agende like it was with Anna.

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

meegja wrote:

Have to agree: I tried Coming Next and although it has many features, I find it ugly looking and hard to operate because of the many features. Also not that good working somehow on my C6-01. Trying to alter the default texts is giving weird results.

No, Nokia just has to make the default agenda a good agende like it was with Anna.

I had to C@UGH really H@RD... to make mine appear. ;-)

Joke. BUT Really, @Nokia, do you want me to COUGH HARDER? I have been bragging my N8 to my Android buddies and my iPhone enemies... and now, I have shame.

I want this widget. I will get it, whether you like it or not.

I already COUGHED HARD enough...

Don't make me get any SICKER!

Please use plain text.
Sage
RiderX

knuta wrote:

the coming next nokia calendar (or the only seem to be useful one at belle) does NOT display all of my calendar listings at all, something to do with a whole day set appoin. or something.. and so does the standard nokia calendar app. any one else have the same problem??

Yep, found that too. I already deleted comingNext - too buggy.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chazey2

childofthewo_mj wrote:

meegja wrote:

I had to C@UGH really H@RD... to make mine appear. ;-)

Joke. BUT Really, @Nokia, do you want me to COUGH HARDER? I have been bragging my N8 to my Android buddies and my iPhone enemies... and now, I have shame.

I want this widget. I will get it, whether you like it or not.

I have tried and got rid of coming next too far to complicated and looks like a cheap christmas decoration!

There are very detailed instructions complete with required files out there on the net to 'hack' your phone and then all the missing widgets are available even some very very good transparant background ones so like the weather forcast you just see the details on your choosen homescreen without a border. There are some clever people out there, makes you wonder why Nokia with all their resourses cant also make it happen.

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

chazey2 wrote:

childofthewo_mj wrote:

meegja wrote:

Have to agree: I tried Coming Next and although it has many features, I find it ugly looking and hard to operate because of the many features. Also not that good... 

I have tried and got rid of coming next too far to complicated and looks like a cheap christmas decoration!

There are very detailed instructions complete with required files out there on the net to 'hack' your phone and then all the missing widgets are available even some very very good transparant background ones so like the weather forcast you just see the details on your choosen homescreen without a border. There are some clever people out there, makes you wonder why Nokia with all their resourses cant also make it happen.

"Coming Next" is designed by a real programmer with no UX/UI experience. Needs to hire smeone to redo it.

On the other hand, I just tried the "Calendar Agenda" widget... it is exactly like the HUGE Mail Widget, when in view, it shows the current appointments x 3, then you can scroll and add appointments through the widget... it is awesome!

Why? Why? Why? @Nokia!!!

GIVE US THESE WIDGETS... also the Weather Now & Weather Forecast, you can even give it to us as Install Options since these files are BIG/

Maybe why Nokia did not include it for the N8 that have low C:\Space

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
david0032

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
david0032

calendar widget

just install this :   ComingNext

http://store.ovi.com/search?q=comingnext

it is very nice widget ,

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BassemN8

I am a big fan of ComingNext, and prefer it over the buildin calendar widget.  

However, ever since I updated to Belle, I had problems with it, and it often showed me an error both in the widget and the app.  

The last thing that happened was that the widget was loading non-stop, even though the app already loaded all events (only 1 event!).  

So I reluctantly deleted it.  

I hope that these bugs get solved in the next version of ComingNext.  =)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
meegja

[ Edited ]

David0032 wrote:

calendar widget

just install this :   ComingNext

http://store.ovi.com/search?q=comingnext

it is very nice widget ,

==============================

Nah, no option for many that ComingNext app. Firstly it's way to complicated and 2nd ... well, it's just ugly :smileytongue:
All we want is a normal Nokia Belle calendar :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Iouvis

Why the hell weather widget has an update and calendar one can´t?

Is it too hard to understand?

Nokia, your actual calendar widget is USELESS.

Any of you cares about it?

Please use plain text.